The horrible act of two bad people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
    You can be a great person and a pathological liar at the same time.

Or you can be an Ed Kemper...likeable but with a deep rooted issue big enough to be a societal danger.

SVO seems to split the 2. I used to work with a guy like that...super friendly and had the best stories. But when you found out who he was you just got embarrassed for him because everyone just sat around waiting for the lie to end.

People like that don't realize everyone knows they are lying.
    You are entitled to your own opinion but as I have repeatedly said, you should hear what I keep to myself...
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
      I agree. Let him out of his Smackatorium cage. I'm not easily offended. Nobody else should be either, at least from my generation. In fact, I might send Tyler a PM about it. Whether it will make a difference, I don't know. It's his website. Perhaps, would generate more activity.
      I don't think its that anyone is offended, I think its more along the lines of the desire for cohesion. He derails most threads. We can't actually get to the business of what the thread is about, when he's allowed to post anywhere he wants. He really makes that difficult. If we manage it, its before he makes it in there and after he does the thread is pretty much over with.

You can be a great person and a pathological liar at the same time.
      I'm no psychologist so I certainly can't refute that but, it seems to me that the lies are there to cover some perceived giant hole in their own persona. Its like they believe nobody thinks much of them, so they absolutely must come up with something to inflate the belief and raise others' opinions of them. At least that is all I can come up with, but I've known a few in my day and I'd be hesitant to call any of them great people.

Cause they'd also lie big and plenty to cover up any real faults that they had, any actual mistakes that they had made, which actually did exist and wasn't something that was only in their minds. And those lies would be as big and extravagant as the other ones.

People like that don't realize everyone knows they are lying.
      Which I'd count as a strike against their intelligence. If they're missing such a basic perception, they're definitely handicapped in some ways. But yeah to my dismay, my brother inlaw is one of them and I avoid the guy like the plague. As soon as he sees me the giant lie machine in his head fires up and starts working. And when he's around anyone it seems like he's only really there just to wait for the opportunity to lie about something that makes him look better or paints him in a very positive light.

I wish he could have been forced to be exposed to my old boss regularly. For some reason he actually loved those people, and relished messing with them. We had another one that worked there and it was kind of funny to watch. For example the guy came in once wearing a new pair of shoes. So he proceeds to explain to us how the $90 pair of shoes cost $300. The boss goes "Aw man, where did you get those? You got such a good deal! I paid $700 for mine..."

Any lie from the guy was always met with that if the boss was around. Eventually he wouldn't do it anymore in front of him.
      Last edited by Gasser64; 10-28-2017, 04:14 PM.
      WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
        I'm no psychologist....
        no. you’re a broken mental patient. almost the same thing, but not quite.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
          You are entitled to your own opinion but as I have repeatedly said, you should hear what I keep to myself...
          And repeatedly said (at least I think I have)...ill buy you all the beers you want to hear those stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
            I don't think its that anyone is offended, I think its more along the lines of the desire for cohesion. He derails most threads. We can't actually get to the business of what the thread is about, when he's allowed to post anywhere he wants. He really makes that difficult. If we manage it, its before he makes it in there and after he does the thread is pretty much over with.
            Almost every thread on this site gets derailed at some point, regardless of naynay's influence. Let's say.....this particular thread is a good example.
            Last edited by LS1Goat; 10-28-2017, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
              Almost every thread on this site gets derailed at some point, regardless of naynay's influence. Let's say.....this particular thread is a good example.
              Well yeah but you'll notice we're having a somewhat normal conversation. At any given time it can/will switch back to the thread topic. It hasn't devolved into the same 4 members arguing with him, after he drops by and puts out a 1 liner insult of some kind that he knows damn well would irritate just about anybody. Then the same 4 or 5 guys come in and gang up on him, and by the time they've all had their say, most people won't waste any more time trying to salvage the thread. Maybe I'm way off but that's just what it looks like to me.

In this case it would be something like..

"This is something only white folks would do, you'd never see blacks treating their kids that way" or some such nonsense. Then he'd go on to offer proof that he already knows is paper thin, just to keep the derailment of the thread going at maximum. The proof would be something about how he was raised right and everyone else's parents here were white trash. You know the drill.
              WH

Comment

Working...
              X