No announcement yet.

‘Multiple victims’ reported in church shooting outside San Antonio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just glad a good citizen got him for us. Otherwise the incompetent state would coddle him for at least 20 years before they executed him. Providing him with food, shelter, and clothing all on our fucking money. Like he is somehow deserving of that shit.
    WH

Comment

Sen Cornyn submitted a bill to strengthen the background check system. The article doesn't give details on the bill but does point out that existing federal gun laws are poorly enforced. Seems to me that is the biggest issue here. IMO, the only new laws we might need is to close loopholes on private party sales. Other than that these jackasses need to do their damn job in reporting sick bastards like this shooter.

Comment

I am completely against private party sales going through a dealer. There will be defacto registration shortly thereafter.
        Originally posted by racrguy
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
        Originally posted by racrguy
        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I personally would never do a private party sale to anyone, since I would be the last owner of record should a firearm I had owned and sold off the books wound up being used in commission of a crime.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
            I personally would never do a private party sale to anyone, since I would be the last owner of record should a firearm I had owned and sold off the books wound up being used in commission of a crime.
            Off the books? What books?

Comment

Yep. If need be I'll eat the commission on a consignment in order to wash my hands and walk away guilt free.

Comment

Over the last 29 years I have bought and sold hundreds of guns via face to face private transactions and even had one of them used to shoot 2 police officers. It did not cause a problem for me and I was kind of surprised at how lackadaisical the PD was about it.
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                    Off the books? What books?
                    I have been the first retail purchaser of all the guns I own. Ever seen BATF paperwork?

Comment

I have been the first retail purchaser of all the guns I own. Ever seen BATF paperwork?
                      The only record is in the bound book at the FFL you made the purchase at. The BATF has no records. After 20 or 25 years the 4473 and the bound book can be destroyed. If the FFL surrenders the FFL before that time span is up they have to send the records to the BATF. The records at the BATF are a mess like you have never seen before.
                      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Use a bill of sale. Done.
                        Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                        There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                          Use a bill of sale. Done.
                          Exactly how long do you plan on keeping track of a piece of paper?

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                            Exactly how long do you plan on keeping track of a piece of paper?
                            It's a single piece of paper with a digital image on my pc and encrypted cloud back up. I have a folder for such things. How long do I need to keep it?
                            If you know me, this doesn't surprise you.
                            Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                            There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                              It's a single piece of paper with a digital image on my pc and encrypted cloud back up. I have a folder for such things. How long do I need to keep it?
                              If you know me, this doesn't surprise you.
                              Believe it or not by keeping records of your firearm transactions you are opening yourself up to felony prosecution. Recently an FBI agent was sent to prison for 7 years because of the records that he kept concerning buying and selling 3-5 guns a year in about a 7 year period after a Barrett .50 cal that he had sold to an FFL turned up in Mexico. He truly did nothing wrong; the keeping of the records was the crime.

Comment

Buying a used gun has always made me kind of nervous. Not cause I give 2 shits about what the government thinks. But because I'm not a gunsmith and I'm not confident that I could go through the thing well enough to make sure it wouldn't fail on me when I needed it.
                                WH

Comment

Working...
                                X