No announcement yet.

Florida high school shooting: 20-50 injured

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some of the video games out there would make me want to go out and kick a puppy. we're rotting these kids brains way too young .

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
      some of the video games out there would make me want to go out and kick a puppy. we're rotting these kids brains way too young .
      I've played violent video games my entire life. I've never killed anyone that didn't need killin'.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
        I've played violent video games my entire life. I've never killed anyone that didn't need killin'.
        I agree, if violent video games were the cause this would be a much bigger problem in almost every country. And violent movies would probably be causing this too. They aren't. Hell, being in an actual violent war doesn't cause most soldiers to go on a killing spree, so I doubt entertainment is the cause either.
        I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
          I've chewed tobacco and I don't have mouth cancer.

Comment

If kids do not have a solid foundation of parenting from the start the chance of them acting out is high. If they do have reliable parents that actually dole out punishment to where the kids realize there are consequences to their actions as well as respect and trust their parents' guidence then it doesn't matter what they encounter outside the home.

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
            Hell, being in an actual violent war doesn't cause most soldiers to go on a killing spree.
            But there is a very bad suicide rate amongst combat veterans, and there have been a few who've killed civilians.

Comment

I think this kid didn’t get dealt the best deck of cards. Cannot take innocent lives but there was a catalyst always is. Gonna have to answer for what he did in the end and it won’t be fun

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                If kids do not have a solid foundation of parenting from the start the chance of them acting out is high. If they do have reliable parents that actually dole out punishment to where the kids realize there are consequences to their actions as well as respect and trust their parents' guidence then it doesn't matter what they encounter outside the home.

But there is a very bad suicide rate amongst combat veterans, and there have been a few who've killed civilians.
                Yes high suicides sure, but that is only harming themselves and suicide by war vets isn't a new phenomenom as far as I am aware, though I could be wrong there. But you don't see large numbers of vets commiting mass murder, so if actual war doesn't cause that it makes me think simulated war doesn't either. I think the cause is greater than that, and greater than one single catalyst or single change in society, but there are likely several main causes. I happen to think parenting is but one of them, though I don't blame lack of single income households as mentioned above as a possibility. Parenting and a respect towards others are probably two large parts, but I think there may be more. Most seem to want a single thing to point fingers at and blame like a gun or bullying or whatever, and don't want to look deeper and admit society as a whole has helped caused this and for several generations. Say you prayed for them and go back to facebook or football and ignore it for a while longer.

Comment

It used to be common place for everyone in our country to be armed at home, at work, at church, at school or wherever per the 2nd amendment. Now the fucktards burning flags, crying about prayer in school have made many public places including schools gun free zones. Before gun free zones, this shit didn't happen.
                  Last edited by AnthonyS; 02-16-2018, 09:47 PM.

Comment

You can thank liberal pussies for that. Vote republican

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
                      You can thank liberal pussies for that. Vote republican
                      Voting straight ticket for any party is a big part of why this country is where it is. Congratulations on being part of the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
                        To me the answer after much reflection is rather simple. We went from single income families to both parent having to work just to get by. We went from families that could have a parent around at all times for all activities truly helping their children grow to parents that come home absolutely exhausted from work with no patience to help their children. The gap between the middle class and the rich is just too astronomical. All middle class families should be single income. You cant teach responsibility if you're never emotionally there.

This is not to pull the burden from parents, but we are a society of overworked and over stressed Americans. When I go overseas to Europe it would be easy to believe that these people are just lazy, but they aren't, they just dont see work as the only thing in life as many Americans have to because of the cost of living here.

I'm not saying that other countries have it better, simply that the mindset is totally different, family first. Here family first commonly means putting food on the table and making sure there is a roof over the head and thats about it. Its not a knock on parents parenting skills either, just an observation.
                        I'm going to call bullshit on this. My wife and I both work, and we both parent. You're right to an extent about family first, but not on the whole dual income families thing.

I started writing a post yesterday in the middle of my workshop, but I wasn't able to finish it because I had to give a presentation. I'll try to summarize it here. To me, it comes down to one simple thing -- choices. We all make them, and they have consequences good, bad, or indifferent.

My sons are 10 and 14. One is in high school. He's playing varsity baseball, dealing with a tough class schedule, and has a girlfriend. He's living the life that many teenage boys live. In his free time, when he gets some, he plays XBOX (yes, some shooter games), goes to the movies or the mall, and likes to hunt/fish/shoot at the range. We do our best to make it to church, but that doesn't always happen due to our weekend schedule. God is no stranger in our house though. The 10 year old is busy at school. He plays baseball, lacrosse, and basketball. In his free time, he plays basketball and rides bikes in the neighborhood, hunts/fishes, and all the other things young kids do. Both enjoy reading as well. We've been blessed with them, and are very proud of the young men they've become and will continue to become.

So back to my point -- how did we get here. It's called choices. My wife and I both work. She is a teacher, and I often travel for work. We put our kids first and us second. A few years ago, she and I were headed towards a divorce. The counselor told us to put ourselves first -- before the kids. Right then, I knew he was wrong. The one thing that had always made us happiest was making sure our boys were happy AND learning to succeed in life.

There are things I love to do outside of work. I love cars, but my mustang has been parked for a few years now. I love to hunt, but I only get to the lease a handful of times. I love microbrews, but I don't get to the bar with friends often for tastings. I love to ride my road bike, but it just doesn't happen that much anymore. I love golf but haven't played in 4 years. Why? I choose the kids. Instead of hopping on my bike on a Saturday morning and setting off for a long ride after a stressful week at work, I make breakfast for the family. Instead of spending Friday evening beer tasting, we go to the batting cage and work because the boys want to go hit. Instead of sleeping in this morning and blowing off the 10 year old's basketball game (he has a badly sprained thumb and can't play), the wife took him to sit with his team -- because he wanted to go (I'm at work). There are tons of things she and I would both like to do more like go to dinner or a movie, spend more time working out, or simply sleep in. We don't do them though because we choose to parent instead. We choose our kids. It's not a factor of time or being too tired, etc. You make the time; you find the energy -- period.

That teacher in Florida had it right on her post. People need to accept responsibility and parent again. I thought my Dad was full of shit all those times he told me, "This is for your own good," but he was right. I pray daily that I can be half the parent that mine were. I was blessed, and I want my kids to say the same thing when they're grown and parents themselves. I want them to make the right choice too. And for the record, my wife could stay home and not work -- we choose to both work though...

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                          I'm going to call bullshit on this. My wife and I both work, and we both parent. You're right to an extent about family first, but not on the whole dual income families thing.

I started writing a post yesterday in the middle of my workshop, but I wasn't able to finish it because I had to give a presentation. I'll try to summarize it here. To me, it comes down to one simple thing -- choices. We all make them, and they have consequences good, bad, or indifferent.

My sons are 10 and 14. One is in high school. He's playing varsity baseball, dealing with a tough class schedule, and has a girlfriend. He's living the life that many teenage boys live. In his free time, when he gets some, he plays XBOX (yes, some shooter games), goes to the movies or the mall, and likes to hunt/fish/shoot at the range. We do our best to make it to church, but that doesn't always happen due to our weekend schedule. God is no stranger in our house though. The 10 year old is busy at school. He plays baseball, lacrosse, and basketball. In his free time, he plays basketball and rides bikes in the neighborhood, hunts/fishes, and all the other things young kids do. Both enjoy reading as well. We've been blessed with them, and are very proud of the young men they've become and will continue to become.

So back to my point -- how did we get here. It's called choices. My wife and I both work. She is a teacher, and I often travel for work. We put our kids first and us second. A few years ago, she and I were headed towards a divorce. The counselor told us to put ourselves first -- before the kids. Right then, I knew he was wrong. The one thing that had always made us happiest was making sure our boys were happy AND learning to succeed in life.

There are things I love to do outside of work. I love cars, but my mustang has been parked for a few years now. I love to hunt, but I only get to the lease a handful of times. I love microbrews, but I don't get to the bar with friends often for tastings. I love to ride my road bike, but it just doesn't happen that much anymore. I love golf but haven't played in 4 years. Why? I choose the kids. Instead of hopping on my bike on a Saturday morning and setting off for a long ride after a stressful week at work, I make breakfast for the family. Instead of spending Friday evening beer tasting, we go to the batting cage and work because the boys want to go hit. Instead of sleeping in this morning and blowing off the 10 year old's basketball game (he has a badly sprained thumb and can't play), the wife took him to sit with his team -- because he wanted to go (I'm at work). There are tons of things she and I would both like to do more like go to dinner or a movie, spend more time working out, or simply sleep in. We don't do them though because we choose to parent instead. We choose our kids. It's not a factor of time or being too tired, etc. You make the time; you find the energy -- period.

That teacher in Florida had it right on her post. People need to accept responsibility and parent again. I thought my Dad was full of shit all those times he told me, "This is for your own good," but he was right. I pray daily that I can be half the parent that mine were. I was blessed, and I want my kids to say the same thing when they're grown and parents themselves. I want them to make the right choice too. And for the record, my wife could stay home and not work -- we choose to both work though...
                          so dont have kids?

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                            so dont have kids?
                            If you aren't going to accept responsibility for raising them to be contributors, then no, don't have kids.

Comment

Agreed. Too many worthless sacks of shit who find out the hard way parenting is not within their ability and one way or another we all endure the burden.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                                Voting straight ticket for any party is a big part of why this country is where it is. Congratulations on being part of the problem.
                                Thanks go fuck yourself

Comment

Working...
                                X