Done did it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Done did it

I did a thing, just when I'm nearing completion with my car I track down a new one. This is my old 89 5.0. I bought this right after I graduated high-school back in 2004, was our get away car at our wedding, I drug it out to southern Georgia when I joined the Navy and then sold it a few years after that since I had a kid on the way. I have been looking for the car since 2010 when I moved back to Texas and have finally tracked it down a week ago. So Friday of last week I boarded a plane for Jacksonville, FL, had a buddy pick me up from the airport and drive me to the car. 30 minutes later I had keys in hand and headed west. I put just over 1,000 miles on the car in 1-1/2 days with zero knowledge of the overall condition. Short of some flat spotted, 12 year old tires, fixed back race seats and straight pipe exhaust, the car didn't miss a beat! I'm now trying to return it back to a clean, nicely modded daily, removing much of the "boy racer" doo dads I put on it when I was in my early 20's and some of the "professional" repairs done to it. But I'm in heaven with the car and my wife can finally stop hearing me talk about it all the time. She even likes it enough to have our son take our picture with it.

After I got it home, installed new headlights and removed all the excess gauges.

Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Awesome story..and stang!

Comment

Awesome! Now you just need to remove the excess wing and hood!

Seriously though, that's cool. I know The Head is loving that he was able to re-acquire his old hatch!

ETA.. BTW, bad ass fence! I think I'm more jelly of that! lol

Comment

Been thu that part of Florida many times, that's at the border of Florida/Alabama correct?

Also, nice find. If that rear spoiler is a real Saleen 'whale tail' it could be worth some cash.
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

That's so cool. Looks like it's been well-loved since then. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
            Awesome! Now you just need to remove the excess wing and hood!

Seriously though, that's cool. I know The Head is loving that he was able to re-acquire his old hatch!

ETA.. BTW, bad ass fence! I think I'm more jelly of that! lol
            Haha thanks, I built it! I have thought of putting a stock hood back on it.

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
            Been thu that part of Florida many times, that's at the border of Florida/Alabama correct?

Also, nice find. If that rear spoiler is a real Saleen 'whale tail' it could be worth some cash.
            Just outside of Pensacola. Yes, authentic Saleen spoiler and Saleen wheels. I'd like to make a semi-clone one day.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
              Haha thanks, I built it! I have thought of putting a stock hood back on it.

Just outside of Pensacola. Yes, authentic Saleen spoiler and Saleen wheels. I'd like to make a semi-clone one day.
              That was our last stop to rest before we got to Panama City Beach. It's a nice rest stop. I don't drive to Florida anymore, all flying for me.
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                That was our last stop to rest before we got to Panama City Beach. It's a nice rest stop. I don't drive to Florida anymore, all flying for me.
                Its not a fun drive

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

I've made the trip between here and both P'cola and J'ville maaany times. Yeah, t's a beating.

VERY cool that you were able to find and reacquire the Mustang!
                  "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

The wheels are awesome! Nice clean Mustang.

Comment

Awesome.

I need to drop by and see it and check out your progress on your other toy that you need to spend more time with

Comment

How’d you track it down and was it pretty close to the way it was when you last had it?

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                          How’d you track it down and was it pretty close to the way it was when you last had it?
                          Found some paperwork with the VIN, ran it in the system, got the guys name, looked him up, found his son and sent him a message.

Car is pretty close. He removed the tint, put in the seats I sold Him and changed a few little things.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Get outta here with that Mustang crap, what kind of site do you think this is?

Cool deal, if you don't mind me asking, what did you have to give for it? I'm curious to know what they are going for these days.

Comment

That actually is a cool story bro. Glad you were able to find it, and that it hadn't been destroyed or torn up.

Comment

Working...
                              X