Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That moment you realize you're a horder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I keep insurance and tags on my 2000 ram 2500 Cummins, 01 Chevy 1500, and 04 Chevy 2500 4x4, insurance on my GSXR and BMW R1100rs (bikes get tags when I think about it, and insurance and tags on the 01 Sea Ray 240 sundeck. And I have a 91 s10 project and the 98 mustang I haven't done anything to in at least 2 years
    Last edited by shumpertdavid; 03-31-2018, 08:26 AM.

Comment

^^ Thanks shumpertdavid.... we all feel a little better now about our own situations.

mardyn

Comment

My dad was the hoarder/collector or junk. Had there been a large indoor storage that protected most of the cars from the elements it would have been a decent amount of nice cars, sadly many were rusted and in poor shape.

Comment

Pfft, balance out the insurance. Take one car off and add the other, usually if you forget to add one they will still backdate the forms for you if you're stopped. It's rediculous that I have to insure individual cars when my coverage includes rentals. Should just be a flat personal vehicle insurance rate

I'm at 6, technically I just take care of 4. 3 are mine, 3 the wife claims. I will only take care of the 1 vehicle I chose to be her daily driver. She gets emotional about the cars and always insists on having them legal even though she never drives them but I keep them ready. One of these days I'm just going to sell them and she won't even notice

I wouldn't shed a tear for them, I'm constantly scratching them in the garage to get the lawn equipment out. Her low mileage 2000 trans am is just a dust collector. I got it out a few months ago to get it registered and she insisted that I had been driving her car because the dash cover, dash panel, and door panels cracked big time just sitting in our garage. No honey, with cars if you don't use them you lose them. They aren't meant to sit for 3 freaking years at a time

My biggest rant is that they are older cars, if all 3 of mine are borderline not able to be driven, and I've got 4 cars I can't drive I'm a bitch on wheels and you can hear me cursing them from a mile away
          Last edited by 4king; 03-31-2018, 09:18 AM. Reason: Ok

Comment

I've got my '69 Mustang sitting out there under cover (that was running fine when I put it in storage) waiting to be brought back into service. If I can ever get to a stopping point on my old Corvette, the Mustang is again on the agenda.

I'm sure it'll need a fuel pump & injector service minimum after sitting for the past 3 or 4 years.

That's not to mention the two boats sitting out there waiting for some attention as well.

It's a full time job keeping everything around here starting and running all the time...

mardyn

Comment

Auto repair is my living and after almost 21 years if doing it, it's hard to get motivated to work on mine. I would like to drive my mustang and see it on the road again, it's getting the time to install the big stuff 3 and finish the little stuff under the hood. And now likely replace the fuel pumps, clean the tank, etc. My BMW has been sitting out of service since October, the parts are sitting next to it on the bike lift, just have to take 3 or 4 hours and put it back together. But there's always something else taking priority. And I'm already late to start mowing season. Imeed 9 say weeks with 36 hour long days

Comment

Yeah I have been dumping cars and projects also. Tired of paying insurance on 5 cars that sit most of the time. My big Jeep went to Kansas and my 2000 TJ is on the block. I like to keep a 4x4 around but I bought my mom a car so her Suburban is available if need be. My other issue is my Titan is paid off and only has 34k miles but 2wd. I would like to have a 4x4 but trucks are so ridiculously over priced it would be hard to replace for under 30k. I do have a standing offer from a co-worker for 17k though.

I also dumped my buggies and 4 wheelers that sat all the time. I need to stick with one or two hobbies and not get distracted.
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I pay insurance and registration my 17 Focus(3k miles),12 BOSS 302(34k miles), 16 C300(16k miles), 07 E350(41k miles), and 07 Miata(40k miles) and it is expensive as shit. I'm starting to consider down sizing but they are all in really good shape and low milage. Both 07s are driven by the wife and she wants her comfy sedan and her convertible. I don't think we will be getting rid of anything but I need to shop insurance around because I'm paying $700 a month right now.
                  Originally posted by Marisa
                  we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                    Yeah I have been dumping cars and projects also. Tired of paying insurance on 5 cars that sit most of the time. My big Jeep went to Kansas and my 2000 TJ is on the block. I like to keep a 4x4 around but I bought my mom a car so her Suburban is available if need be. My other issue is my Titan is paid off and only has 34k miles but 2wd. I would like to have a 4x4 but trucks are so ridiculously over priced it would be hard to replace for under 30k. I do have a standing offer from a co-worker for 17k though.

I also dumped my buggies and 4 wheelers that sat all the time. I need to stick with one or two hobbies and not get distracted.
                    Simply adding a really good locking diff to the rear of a 2wd can frequently equal or exceed the off road performance of many factory 4x4s if you have good tires. The best diffs out there will set you back less than a grand.
                    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                      Simply adding a really good locking diff to the rear of a 2wd can frequently equal or exceed the off road performance of many factory 4x4s if you have good tires. The best diffs out there will set you back less than a grand.
                      No, just in case we have snowpocalipse, and you don't want to be locked in ice. If I run lockers it is usually ARB or OX. I prefer selectable for road manners when not needed.
                      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                        My next purchase will be a clean 1987 Buick Grand National.
                        Really? Wanna help thin my herd from 10 to 9? Lol!

Comment

Working...
                        X