Ford to stop selling all small cars in the US but mustang and ford focus active

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Murph Tang
    Short term memory loss also. When gas was $4 a gallon everyone was ditching the SUVs and trucks for the small cars.
    1. They're still going to make the Escape and Explorer.
    2. Those get about the same mileage as the sedans going away.
    3. Ford is launching 14 new versions of its remaining models as hybrids, plug in hybrids, and full electric vehicles, so they will get even better mileage.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
      part of that was to pay for the R&D it took to meet the CAFE standards. Cant pour millions into creating powerful engines without jacking up the price of cars, and small cheap cars dont have the room to absorb the costs.
      4 out of the 10 ten selling vehicles in the US are midsize to small sedans made by either Toyota or Honda. Looks like American companies don't want to compete with them right now.

With the easing up on CAFE standards Ford and GM are going to make money now. If it swings the other way then its back to the Fiestas.

And for this old fart I don't need my left butt check to vibrate when there is a car in the lane next to me. I'm sure that would be $1-2k to fix out of warranty.
      Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
        3. Ford is launching 14 new versions of its remaining models as hybrids, plug in hybrids, and full electric vehicles, so they will get even better mileage.
        Will be curious to see if those who buy the Taurus, Fusion or Fiestas buy the above models or switch to a lesser priced Honda, Nissan or Toyota gas powered car.
        Murph

Comment

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post
          4 out of the 10 ten selling vehicles in the US are midsize to small sedans made by either Toyota or Honda. Looks like American companies don't want to compete with them right now.

With the easing up on CAFE standards Ford and GM are going to make money now. If it swings the other way then its back to the Fiestas.

And for this old fart I don't need my left butt check to vibrate when there is a car in the lane next to me. I'm sure that would be $1-2k to fix out of warranty.
          man, you're forgetting that the people who buy toyota and honda cars dont give half a fuck about cars, and are buying because of the brand's history of reliability. The "tan camry" crowd.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

man, you're forgetting that the people who buy toyota and honda cars dont give half a fuck about cars, and are buying because of the brand's history of reliability. The "tan camry" crowd.
            I bought a Camry as my divorce recovery plan and man, I have to admit, its a pretty damn nice car. I bought a 14 SE, looks decent, the pick up/power is good enough...Of course I customized it so it not as boring, but even as a stock car, it won me over. I'm going to keep it even after I'm recovered.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
              I bought a Camry as my divorce recovery plan and man, I have to admit, its a pretty damn nice car. I bought a 14 SE, looks decent, the pick up/power is good enough...Of course I customized it so it not as boring, but even as a stock car, it won me over. I'm going to keep it even after I'm recovered.
              What kind of customizing are we talking? Curb feelers and a skittles wrap?

Comment

Mostly true, but the last Honda we bought was based on the price as much as anything else.

Comment

Ford screwed the pooch dropping the Taurus name and doing the Ford 500. When the new CEO came in he brought the Taurus name back saying we should have never dropped a name brand.

The Taurus made Ford a shitload of money as it was just a basic all around good car (respectively during the 80s/90s quality.) It was kinda like the Camry as it was just a basic good car, priced right with not a lot of frills.

(I like the SHO model if it weighed about 700lbs less.)

Everyone I've talked that owned a Fusion really liked that car.

The Fiesta ST is a hoot to drive. I was fortunate to beat the shit out of one around COTA and had a blast liking it over the Focus ST.
                  Murph

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
                    My wife has a 2010 Camry and she loves it. Comfortable, decent power and mileage out of the four banger. We plan on driving it until the doors fall off.

Just a basic good comfortable car.
                    Murph

Comment

Taurus lover!
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Taurus lover!
                        I beez weird like that!
                        Murph

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                          What kind of customizing are we talking? Curb feelers and a skittles wrap?
                          Close!
                          Attached Files

Comment

A new 4dr Falcon or Torino on the Mustang chassis would be pretty cool. Doesnt have to have the same grill and trunk. Same engine options though. Maybe a lincoln mark version too. I wont hold my breath though
                            1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

If Trump doesn't get rid of the 2025 mileage standards there won't be a Mustang much longer either.
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                                If Trump doesn't get rid of the 2025 mileage standards there won't be a Mustang much longer either.
                                The Hybrid Mustang disagrees..

Comment

Working...
                                X