X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
    Ok

DON'T consult a physician
    I mean, he was asking about peoples experiences not doctors opinions, which in the case of hernias, can be way off. Better to have the knowledge that you may not be back at work than to just tell your boss you will be back in two weeks and then not be. I was legit down for pretty much three months. For the first month or so, when I stood up from sitting in a chair a while, it felt like someone was ripping a patch of pubes off just below my belly button but underneath the skin. Not to mention when you do something crazy for the first year or two you will feel it tweak that stuff. Some of it depends on your job type and where the actual hernia is. Two weeks is the very optimistic opinion.
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Yes, the surgeon never indicated an expected recovery time but did say to restrict lifting during the month following, so I took off from work for a month to insure that was done. Two weeks was what I found it took to recover to the point where I could have gone back to work had I absolutely needed to.

Comment

UPDATE:
        Had it done laparoscopic last thursday. Now it just feels as though everythign is tight and pulls whenever I move but it is the sutures(which are on the inside) that hurt more than anything.

ALSO noted, i have a huge lump in my groin, exact same as i did before, so I am going to doctor today to see if it even held!

DId you guys get the block before surgery, i did and that hurt like a mofo!

Comment

Did not get a block before surgery. Mine was not done laparoscopically though, and there was little pain as I recall the day of the procedure. No lump afterward, and I believe mesh was used for that one.

Comment

Yeah , I went in for a CT the other day and check up since I have new abdomen pains. He thinks I have another small tear. Told me it wasn't causing many issues and no hurry to fix. Problem with waiting is I think it is causing my back on the right side to mess up. Falling apart.
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by zachary View Post
              UPDATE:
              Had it done laparoscopic last thursday. Now it just feels as though everythign is tight and pulls whenever I move but it is the sutures(which are on the inside) that hurt more than anything.

ALSO noted, i have a huge lump in my groin, exact same as i did before, so I am going to doctor today to see if it even held!

DId you guys get the block before surgery, i did and that hurt like a mofo!
              I had a big ass lump in my side just below the belly and above the fupa. It went away after a month or so. It made riding to the doctor for check ups a bitch. I believe it is where it has come undone now oddly enough.
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I had inguinal hernia 1-2 years back. Got it from straining when I was trying to get up on skis while being pulled by my under-powerd Seadoo jet boat. Thought was just a groin injury but didnt go away. Was diagnosed and had the mesh procedure. Wasnt bad at all. My Dr uses minimal tacks to hold in place while the tissue forms and attaches to it. Some of the YouTube videos show some guys putting in tacks every .5" like they were doing upholstery work LOL
                Handyman, classic car and antique jukebox collector/restorer, and all around good guy.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X