Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The age-old question: New or Used/Pre-Owned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
    Didn't she just upgrade like 6 months ago?

You misunderstood!

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
      You misunderstood!

with an extra "D" for a double dose of his PIMPNESS!

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
        ???? If that means does your wife work, or contribute less, the answer is she makes about 20 percent more than I do a year. I don't buy myself new cars, and she gets one that is a upgrade every time. Her current ride has ever whistle and bell imaginable. I can't wait to get the hand me down in four years. She told me the other day, and she has owned it a year, that even when she is having a bad day at work sometimes, she walks out and just smiles. It is called listening to your wife and knowing exactly what she wants.
        It means exactly what I said...there was no ambiguity there. People tend to be a lot less picky when they are receiving something without an added expense.

While I can see you want to pat yourself on the back for your supreme listening skills ..some of us have wives that dont sit there and drop hints about crap they want a husband to buy. We have very different ideas if a great gift.

My wife won't even know what she wants until she's driven a few, and she's making the payments so aside from covering a downpayment...there's little for her to be happy about.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          Didn't she just upgrade like 6 months ago?
          It's been over a year, but yeah, not long enough. Nothing's happening overnight, and no urgency, but I'm sure once the new pay kicks-in she's going to start looking for the right one. She has a very specific combination she wants, and they're not very common, so it will likely take a while to track down the one she wants AND that's not overpriced.

I think the seats and the color are the things she's not happy with. I like the color, especially since getting the wheels redone, but I fully agree with her about the seats (they're pretty uncomfortable after about 30 minutes).

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
            It's been over a year, but yeah, not long enough. Nothing's happening overnight, and no urgency, but I'm sure once the new pay kicks-in she's going to start looking for the right one. She has a very specific combination she wants, and they're not very common, so it will likely take a while to track down the one she wants AND that's not overpriced.

I think the seats and the color are the things she's not happy with. I like the color, especially since getting the wheels redone, but I fully agree with her about the seats (they're pretty uncomfortable after about 30 minutes).
            Uncomfortable seats suck, and going anywhere in D/FW traffic will take over 30 minutes.

On a side note, try a Purple seat cushion!

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post

The seats in my 2013 explorer were the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                It means exactly what I said...there was no ambiguity there. People tend to be a lot less picky when they are receiving something without an added expense.

While I can see you want to pat yourself on the back for your supreme listening skills ..some of us have wives that dont sit there and drop hints about crap they want a husband to buy. We have very different ideas if a great gift.

My wife won't even know what she wants until she's driven a few, and she's making the payments so aside from covering a downpayment...there's little for her to be happy about.
                Oh, and my wife absolutely hates car buying in general. Me, not so much. While I set up the auto pay, she makes plenty of money to pay the bills. It was really easy to do though. She likes Nissans and Mazda, she wanted remote start and air conditioned seats, not a whole lot of room for error there. I knew she had mentioned that black Rogue they had, but thought she needed a little more room for her supplies and kitzilla. The next one I will take her to pick since I can't really improve on what she has, unless it drives itself to her work. Plus I think she would hate the size of the Armada. If the Rouges would have had cooled seats and remote start she would have been really happy with one of those.
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

buy new if you can get 0 percent financing, if not buy used.

Comment

Originally posted by War Machine View Post
                    buy new if you can get 0 percent financing, if not buy used.
                    That'll save interest, but not depreciation. If TCO is top of the list, then a low-mileage CPO car would be better.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                      That'll save interest, but not depreciation.
                      Not a whole lot of people care about that. They simply want their payments to be as low as possible, and do not mind how long it takes to pay it off. Most on average buy another car before paying off the old one, or are into back-to-back leases. Purchasing a car in hopes it retains value is the worst investment one can make.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                        Uncomfortable seats suck, and going anywhere in D/FW traffic will take over 30 minutes.

On a side note, try a Purple seat cushion!

I hate uncomfortable seats. I want to find the car that still comes with those super plush 70s and 80s big car seats. Probably a mercedes or something. May not look the same just needs to feel the same.

Also can I get a discount on the purple dog bed? You work there now right?
                        WH

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                          N Purchasing a car in hopes it retains value is the worst investment one can make.
                          It's not an investment at all, a vehicle is a depreciating asset, and some people want to mitigate the expense as best as possible, while still getting to drive a new-ish vehicle. I'm not speaking to anyone going into the dealership with only a maximum monthly payment as a guide.

Comment

I've been buying new since 1992, reliability and almost zero maintenance is more important to me and my wife. We trade in every 3-5 years, we drive a lot so we've only leased once and the rest have been regular financing. I've also never paid MSRP on anything we have bought new from Ford/Lincoln/Volvo.
                            Originally posted by Silverback
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                              The seats in my 2013 explorer were the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in.
                              The last TL we had (2009 model) was good, and the TLX seats are good, for some reason the seats in this 2014 are hard as a rock, which in itself isn't horrible, but the dimensions are just all wonky so your back starts hurting on the longer drives.

My favorite are the older escalade / suburban seats.. Those things were like a recliner!

Even my Jeep is more comfortable for longer drives..

Comment

It's them creaky old bones that are the problem, not the seat.

Comment

Working...
                                X