Dallas officer kills man after mistaking his apartment for her own

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
    Murder? Not a chance in hell. Murder means premeditated, planned. This does not even remotely come to that charge. Its a terrible situation all around...it's easy for all the armchair quarterbacks to say how they would have handled the exact same scenario. Anyone who says how they would have handled it matter of fact....are full of shit. I can see involuntary manslaughter...MAYBE criminally negligent homicide...but I'm arguing that she DID NOT KNOW (beyond a reasonable doubt) that she was NOT in her home. I don't think this cop came home from her shift planning to murder an innocent man in his own home. The murder charge is completely inappropriate and if we weren't in this politically motivated time I doubt it would have ever been considered. It was a terrible, horrific situation...she made mistakes....very bad mistakes...but she didn't enter that building planning to kill someone.
    Somehow when she pulled the trigger she planned to kill someone. So how many times do officers have to ask someone to out their hand up or to stay where they are before shooting?

Comment

• It annoys me that they claim working 40 hours in 4 days is somehow massively taxing. Who isnt working at least 10 hours a day...and some of us have to string together anywhere from 6 to 30+ days of that.

I've got friends doing o&g field work that regularly work 80+ hours...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
        It annoys me that they claim working 40 hours in 4 days is somehow massively taxing. Who isnt working at least 10 hours a day...and some of us have to string together anywhere from 6 to 30+ days of that.

I have worked 12 to 14 hours per day for 6 and sometime 7 days per week for all of my adult working life. 40 hours in 4 days sounds like a vacation to me.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

It annoys me that they claim working 40 hours in 4 days is somehow massively taxing. Who isnt working at least 10 hours a day...and some of us have to string together anywhere from 6 to 30+ days of that.

I somewhat agree, but anyone I come in contact with at work likely isnt going to try to kill me, whereas that's not the case with police.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
            I somewhat agree, but anyone I come in contact with at work likely isnt going to try to kill me, whereas that's not the case with police.
            I can certainly undersrand the point of always feeling under attack.

It's just comical to me to pretend that 10 hours is too much....especially for someone that's supposed to be trained to handle this stress.

I also agree that a murder charge sounds like a get out of jail free charge. Manslaughter would be a much easier case.

Comment

• Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
              Somehow when she pulled the trigger she planned to kill someone. So how many times do officers have to ask someone to out their hand up or to stay where they are before shooting?
              0. But the people testifying yesterday said they heard her yelling though they couldn't confirm what was being yelled.

Comment

I can certainly undersrand the point of always feeling under attack.

It's just comical to me to pretend that 10 hours is too much....especially for someone that's supposed to be trained to handle this stress.

I also agree that a murder charge sounds like a get out of jail free charge. Manslaughter would be a much easier case.
                No case is an easy one with this because it doesn't fit the criteria for anything. I think you nailed it that they went with the murder charge just to say, "Hey we tried!"

Comment

I think slightly more officers are killed every year in the line of duty in car accidents than by gunfire. You can see the exact number of officers killed and what killed them going back for nearly 4 hundred years on the www.odmp.org page. In a typical year slightly over 150 officers die in the line of duty and the majority of deaths are caused by heart attacks and auto accidents.

In the entire history of the United States going back to the very first colony in the New World to today 23,842 law enforcement officers have died in the line of duty, this number also includes prison and jail guards. We have significantly more people killed then that every single year in auto accidents.
                  Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 09-25-2019, 10:37 AM.
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

• Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                    I think slightly more officers are killed every year in the line of duty in car accidents than by gunfire. You can see the exact number of officers killed and what killed them going back for nearly 4 hundred years on the www.odmp.org page. In a typical year slightly over 150 officers die in the line of duty and the majority of deaths are caused by heart attacks and auto accidents.

In the entire history of the United States going back to the very first colony in the New World to today 23,842 law enforcement officers have died in the line of duty, this number also includes prison and jail guards. We have significantly more people killed then that every single year in auto accidents.
                    well, I guess they shouldnt be cautious, fuck it.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post

That doesn't include how many officers are either assaulted and/or are placed in violent situations though. Just because an officer survives an encounter doesn't mean there isn't a heightened sense of being assaulted/killed.

Comment

well, I guess they shouldnt be cautious, fuck it.
                        Or just work on driving safer and laying off the donuts, Twinkies, and meatball subs
                        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

• Lota of good points brought up on both sides.

I still think this is a clear case of manslaughter. It's practically the exact definition. .

Comment

• I’ve known the defendants sister for years and if she is anything similar, she’s not a killer, not even close.
                            "PSH!!!"

Comment

• I never read on how she ended up shooting this guy. Someone give me a break down please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                                I’ve known the defendants sister for years and if she is anything similar, she’s not a killer, not even close.
                                Except its well documented that she is the killer. That's not up for debate at all.

Murderer is one thing, but she's undoubtedly the killer.

Comment

Working...
                                X