No announcement yet.

Dallas officer kills man after mistaking his apartment for her own

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I am on the jury. She is guilty of manslaughter. She recklessly caused the death of another.
    class joke
    {
    private:
    char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
    double Peas, Carrots;
    string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
    };

Comment

• Originally posted by TexasDevilDog View Post
      If I am on the jury. She is guilty of manslaughter. She recklessly caused the death of another.
      Can I say beyond a reasonable doubt that she knew she was in the wrong apartment? Nope therefore can’t throw book at her. At least that’s how I would argue it. Maybe he got aggressive and she thought she had no choice who knows. Bad deal all around

Comment

• ^^^^ if you or I did what she did it would be capital murder, the only reason she's being given the benefit of the doubt is because she is or was a sworn officer and that actually means something.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

If I am on the jury. She is guilty of manslaughter. She recklessly caused the death of another.
          You likely are not fit to serve as a juror then, your opinion has already been formed and a trial hasn’t even begun.

Comment

With this preconceived mentally you would never be on the jury. On top of that there will be a great argument for the legal definition of reckless by both sides.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
              You likely are not fit to serve as a juror then, your opinion has already been formed and a trial hasn’t even begun.
              Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
              With this preconceived mentally you would never be on the jury. On top of that there will be a great argument for the legal definition of reckless by both sides.
              I don't think I've ever sat on a jury without having a preconceived notion. You only have to answer the questions they ask and you don't have to elaborate on your thoughts. If you want to be on a jury it's really easy to do.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                Talk about irony......
                I don't wanna hear a goddamn thing from you, shitforbrains.

Comment

• I have served on a jury twice with absolutely no preconceived notions about the case, so SVO is wrong. Very few potential jurors have any desire to actually be selected.

Comment

• Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                    I don't think I've ever sat on a jury without having a preconceived notion. You only have to answer the questions they ask and you don't have to elaborate on your thoughts. If you want to be on a jury it's really easy to do.
                    Then you either had shitty attorneys doing voir dire (questioning the jury) or you lied to them during questioning. The absolute easiest way to be on a jury is to be sitting at the front and not talk very much. This case will have a pool of 300+ jurors taking place over months.

Comment

I have served on a jury twice with absolutely no preconceived notions about the case, so SVO is wrong. Very few potential jurors have any desire to actually be selected.
                      svo wrong?

Comment

I have served on a jury twice with absolutely no preconceived notions about the case, so SVO is wrong. Very few potential jurors have any desire to actually be selected.
                        I was only talking about me. You do your thing and I'll do mine.

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
                        Then you either had shitty attorneys doing voir dire (questioning the jury) or you lied to them during questioning. The absolute easiest way to be on a jury is to be sitting at the front and not talk very much. This case will have a pool of 300+ jurors taking place over months.
                        Exactly how smart do you think you have to be to fool a court appointed attorney or a low man on the totem pole district attorney? The only jury I ever set on where the attorneys were not government peons was in a civil asbestos claims case, the attorneys on both sides of that case were as bright as the sun.

Comment

• Manslaughter is the reckless killing of someone in an accident. How anyone can defend her or say this wasn't straight up murder is beyond me. Sure she shot the guy out of a perceived notion of self defense but her negligence is the only thing that created that situation.

When half of the City of Dallas gets burned down after the acquittal maybe someone will put a stop to these ridiculous double standards for cops. If you or I did this the DPD would have arrested us immediately, no questions asked. She walked for three days. This shit is unbelievable and only justifies the murder of cops in the minds of criminals.
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

This! Beat me to it. That's the whole point of having an "impartial" jury.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                              Manslaughter is the reckless killing of someone in an accident. How anyone can defend her or say this wasn't straight up murder is beyond me. Sure she shot the guy out of a perceived notion of self defense but her negligence is the only thing that created that situation.

When half of the City of Dallas gets burned down after the acquittal maybe someone will put a stop to these ridiculous double standards for cops. If you or I did this the DPD would have arrested us immediately, no questions asked. She walked for three days. This shit is unbelievable and only justifies the murder of cops in the minds of criminals.
                              So she went in there, saw the guy, and thought I'm going to kill him?

Comment

• Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                                I was only talking about me.
                                Yet you specifically quoted two individuals whose experience and opinion was the complete opposite of yours.

Comment

Working...
                                X