No announcement yet.

Cosigned on student loan - am i screwed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is a shitty post and I am sorry but.. ask your wife to get your balls out of her purse once a month and borrow them long enough to beat his ass. he will get tired of it after a few months and ya'll will figure something out. once again I apologize for being a dick but he is a sponge and the longer you let him feed off you the only person who is getting screwed is you. I had a similar buddy who I co signed for a car and I got pissed off every time I saw him drive it and I had to make the payment so I slashed his tires so if he wasn't paying for it he sure as hell wasn't driving it. He got his shit together and we are still friends.

Comment

Is your friend on Facebook? We should publicly sham him

Comment

Address..where this guy live and pix of wife.

Comment

Originally posted by kobuzz View Post
          I had a similar buddy who I co signed for a car and I got pissed off every time I saw him drive it and I had to make the payment so I slashed his tires...
          About this point I thought, "well the degree knowledge is in his head, so I guess you could stab him in the skull a few times..."

so if he wasn't paying for it he sure as hell wasn't driving it. He got his shit together and we are still friends.
          But then I remembered the guy didin't even finish the degree, so not sure the skull stabbing would do too much (except make you feel better)

Yeah, I think a good ol' ass beating, in his own front yard in front of his wife, is your only real path at this point. If you can, grab some beer from his fridge afterward because that's all the restitution you'll ever get for the years you've already paid.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
            About this point I thought, "well the degree knowledge is in his head, so I guess you could stab him in the skull a few times..."

But then I remembered the guy didin't even finish the degree, so not sure the skull stabbing would do too much (except make you feel better)

Yeah, I think a good ol' ass beating, in his own front yard in front of his wife, is your only real path at this point. If you can, grab some beer from his fridge afterward because that's all the restitution you'll ever get for the years you've already paid.
            sometimes it's just as simple as letting someone know there are repercussions for their actions but if you don't make an attempt to do then it's just on you at that point. IMO as far as the past monies paid it's a wash, but from this point forward it's on you. I am absolutely not trying to be a badass and this guy might kick my ass every time, but he will get tired of dealing with me that's for sure.

Comment

I would quit asking for financial advice on a car forum. Contact a student loan attorney so you can make an informed decision.

Comment

You co-signed your rights away on this one. Once you get your land let it go

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                  I would quit asking for financial advice on a car forum. Contact a student loan attorney so you can make an informed decision.
                  Don't listen to this guy. Take all the advise from the forum, kick his ass, slash his tires, bang his wife, then get a lawyer.
                  Originally posted by Marisa
                  we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Wow, holy crap. I'm sorry, but you've been way to nice to this person who has taken advantage of you.
                    The first thing I'd do is hire a homeless guy to walk in front of his house morning and night with a sign that reads various disparaging remarks . I'd ratchet up from there till the SOB took over the situation AND paid me back. I'd show up at that MF'er work and his wife work... That dude would get no rest unless I was made right.
                    God bless ya. Good luck.

Comment

sometimes it's just as simple as letting someone know there are repercussions for their actions but if you don't make an attempt to do then it's just on you at that point. IMO as far as the past monies paid it's a wash, but from this point forward it's on you. I am absolutely not trying to be a badass and this guy might kick my ass every time, but he will get tired of dealing with me that's for sure.
                      Yeah let's add an assault charge and lawyer fees for a felony defense on top of those student loan payments.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                        Yeah let's add an assault charge and lawyer fees for a felony defense on top of those student loan payments.
                        so your saying the best route is to cry into his checkbook once a month while he watches this guy drive his new cars and take his kids out to ride their new dirt bikes? If he is going to have to pay a lawyer to handle it either way I would at least want the satisfaction of punching him in the face. no offence but the OP is getting screwed because he lets it happen. maybe you can sign for a loan for me. I promise to pay you every month lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                          I couldn't agree more. Some of us may actually own a business where certain clients require background checks for any and all contractors working on their projects. An assault charge would literally cost me hundreds of thousands of dollars, not to mention the loss of pay for my staff.

so your saying the best route is to cry into his checkbook once a month while he watches this guy drive his new cars and take his kids out to ride their new dirt bikes? If he is going to have to pay a lawyer to handle it either way I would at least want the satisfaction of punching him in the face. no offence but the OP is getting screwed because he lets it happen. maybe you can sign for a loan for me. I promise to pay you every month lol.
                          So easy to type this but you know it's bullshit. Some people just suck and getting punched in the face isn't going to change their outlook on life.

I'm taking the legal route now to see if there's anything an attorney can do to scare this guy into making his payments. Or somehow give me legal standing to place liens or whatever else I wouldn't think to do, legally.

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                            This isn't a car forum anymore. You should know that by now.

We've got people here from all walks of life so it's actually a great place to bounce ideas off of one another. The trick is sorting through the shit (albeit entertaining shit) and looking for the stuff that makes sense.

When any of us have a problem, God knows other people on this forum have been through similar situations or know someone that has.

Comment

When did i say any of that? Is your mind so simple as to see only 2 options? Get an felony or cry? Lol that's the depth of your thought processing abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                                I couldn't agree more. Some of us may actually own a business where certain clients require background checks for any and all contractors working on their projects. An assault charge would literally cost me hundreds of thousands of dollars, not to mention the loss of pay for my staff.

So easy to type this but you know it's bullshit. Some people just suck and getting punched in the face isn't going to change their outlook on life.

I'm taking the legal route now to see if there's anything an attorney can do to scare this guy into making his payments. Or somehow give me legal standing to place liens or whatever else I wouldn't think to do, legally.
                                Just post up his address and maybe one of us will wander over there to give you an early Christmas present.

Comment

Working...
                                X