Movies.... Semi Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
    Same. My wife and I agree, I'm going to make a fucking stellar old man.
    Sounds like my wife. At 34 I'm already showing signs of angry old man syndrome. Just yesterday the neighbor's kid's friend came hauling ass into their driveway in a coyote with paper plates. I had to resist the urge to tell him to slow the fuck down.

Comment

I go maybe once or twice a year anymore. It's a combination of not liking what is being made, being able to watch at home instead, not having enough time.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
        Sounds like my wife. At 34 I'm already showing signs of angry old man syndrome. Just yesterday the neighbor's kid's friend came hauling ass into their driveway in a coyote with paper plates. I had to resist the urge to tell him to slow the fuck down.
        I have to step back and tell myself, "That used to be you."

Comment

Now that I've got a decent home theatre setup, I won't set foot in another movie theatre if I can help it. People suck.

Comment

This is tough for me as I love the movie theater experience. I love taking my kid to see movies and getting a huge popcorn with all the butter etc...

But they have serious dropped the fuck off in the creative department. There is dick for actual good movies coming out. I'm so sick of re-boots and super hero sequels...

Comment

I just went on my Cinemark app. I have seen 5 movies since June 9th at an expense of $134.10 for tickets alone. I also saw another movie 2 weeks ago at a movie house and eatery but I don't recall ticket price. So I guess the wife and I go a lot when it is hot outside.

Comment

Maybe see one or two a year. I think the last movie I saw was Star Wars The Last Jedi. Before then was Dunkirk.
                Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
                Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Haven't been to the movies in almost 2 years. For the same reasons. Why do hey have to remake all of the movies from the 80s and 90s with women leads? What happened to originality

Comment

Movie quality is horrible these days. Most of them are one step above taking a shit in a film can.

But if you do find yourself having to go, it helps if you go to one of the places where you eat and watch the movie. Sure they are pricey but that high price helps you to not have to deal with the human livestock we are surrounded by on a daily basis.
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

My wife and I used to go to Alamo Drafthouse all the time. No cell phones, talking, or BS.

Comment

Its a very rare occasion for me to go to a movie theater....kids (and rude inconsiderate adults) and their phones, laughing, talking, overpriced trash food and drinks, parking your car and wondering if it will still be there when the show is over or if you will be robbed walking to your car, the drive to the theater....my Boston/Yamaha 7.1 system sounds good enough to keep me home...not to mention I can pause a movie, use my own bathroom, make my own drinks that aren't retarded overpriced, watch in my underwear if I want, grille or cook my own food that isn't retarded overpriced and probably way healthier than the trash they sell at a theater.

Comment

Maybe if every other movie wasn't a remake...
                          WH

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                            i haven't been to the movies in almost 2 yrs! super hero movies and remakes is all they make and are profitable.

Ford v Ferrari (2019) is the only movie I'm excited to see this year.
                            Agreed.

And any argument that includes "it's the current year", is baseless nonsense.

Comment

Working...
                            X