Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has multiple cell phones with one carrier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BradM View Post
    I'm not saying it's good. Just saying what kind of fucking I'm taking.
    hahaha!

Verizon here, 2 lines w/smartphone capability, unlimited text, unlimited phone calls, 2 gigs of data a month w/carryover = $122.00 a month. I was with att for almost 2 decades and their service sucked, very sporadic around the metro, dropped calls all the damn time.
    No issues with Verizon and I've been with them since 2010 with the first SP Motorola X and I've never been happier.
    My wife has wifi at work and I'm retired and use the home wifi, we hardly surf if not at home or work so no overages. We might use a gig or so a month, mostly for Navigation or checking emails, we are not the kind of people that have their faces glued to their phones on the internet checking Spaceface, Instatweet or none of that nonsense.
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

ATT has me pissed off because of their damn unified billing. They tied my DirecTV and Cell bill together. Everything was fine until I cancelled DirecTV. Now I can't view my damn bill. I'm back to getting paper bills and scanning them in for my expense reports. Their customer support has sucked ass from day one.

I'd love to change to Verizon but their signal is pretty bad where I live. I'm tempted to go back to Sprint/Tmo but they were really horrible in the years I was there. Not sure I'm ready to trust them.

On the other hand, there is a big upside to ATT for me. The signal at my house is decent but it will greatly improved this fall when a new cell tower is installed nearby. Also, I'm planning to buy some land near Breckenridge for a campsite and future cabin. ATT works like a friggin' champ out there. I could do all of my work on the LTE connection alone.

Comment

I had Verizon forever then tried Google's Fi service. Fi was great as long as it was connected to T-mobiles network and useless on Sprints which was most of the time. My wife couldn't control her data usage so it ended up being cheaper to go unlimited on T-mobile. The "free" Netflix account is also pretty cool.

As for service I've had a few dead spots out in New Mexico in the middle of nowhere but that's it so far. Verizon worked pretty much everywhere except in the middle of Glamis.

Comment

9 phoned on att with unlimited for $4xx a month

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
          2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
            I had Verizon forever then tried Google's Fi service. Fi was great as long as it was connected to T-mobiles network and useless on Sprints which was most of the time. My wife couldn't control her data usage so it ended up being cheaper to go unlimited on T-mobile. The "free" Netflix account is also pretty cool.

As for service I've had a few dead spots out in New Mexico in the middle of nowhere but that's it so far. Verizon worked pretty much everywhere except in the middle of Glamis.
            Now that the merger has been approved, I wonder how Google Fi will be handled post merger completion since Tmo and Sprint will be one and the same.

I think the merger will help tremendously with coverage gaps and overall network capacity. As to the coverage part, I drove to Clark County WA from Rowlett and only a few places in Montana did we not have cell service on Tmo. Where we live now in WA, I regularly see in excess of 100Mbit download speed.

Comment

have had t-mo for a long time and they have always had great customer service if you call during the day. They have dedicated US support during the day.

Coverage can be spotty. I called and complained about coverage at home and work and they sent be 2 boosters to help.

Comment

Originally posted by barronj View Post
                I feel like I went through all the hoops with Verizon on the phone and that was never an option. Regardless, with TMobile, it's like my kids' lines are free AND I'm getting a discount since I haven't seen a $140 cellular bill in a decade or more.
                When a bill gets ridiculous I make it my business to learn everything I can about it so it irritates the fuck out of me when I need to speak with someone from Verizon and I know more then they do.

Our current situation: Family Plan: 7 Lines with 24gb/month. 5 smart phones (3 of which we are paying on), 1 dumb phone for mom that doesn't use data and 1 hotspot that uses data in a sparingly manner. Monthly bill: $365 with no discounts

Two of the above lines are for incoming freshman. One of which understands the concept of sharing data and thankfully isn't obsessed with technology so barely uses any data and pretty much forgets she even has a phone. The other would consume the entire allotment of data on fortnite and trading newdz with the catholic school sluts if given the opportunity and not think twice about it. For him we added the Family Base I was referring to. He gets 10gb a month. After that he has to trade me the fresh newdz he gets for data. 3 newdz = 1gb

Comment

This explains how the merger of Tmo+Sprint will benefit us.
                  Ookla helps organizations transform fixed and wireless network intelligence into actionable improvements across the full lifecycle of a network.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                    Now that the merger has been approved, I wonder how Google Fi will be handled post merger completion since Tmo and Sprint will be one and the same.
                    Well if nothing else Fi won't have a reason to prioritize Sprint over Tmo so the service is going to improve. Legere said Google's deal with them isn't going to change which also means that Fi users will get Sprint's 5G service.

So if you use a lot of data go with Tmo, if you can stay under 3-4 gigs a month look at Fi, you should get the exact same level of service either way so whichever is cheaper.

However Tmo does offer a lot more phone options, "free" Netflix and I forgot they also offer an hour of GoGo internet on airlines. My package does unlimited since I'm paying for their larger hotspot plan.

Comment

Mintmobile. They use T-mobile towers. $180/yr $15/mo per phone 3gigs of data unlimited text and talk.

Comment

Working...
                      X