New Business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
    A guy on bigger pockets did this and doesn't lift a finger anymore. He's in his mid 30's and retired.

I think it could make him rich quick but overall you will start running into the head shop type people you describe.
    That's the same thing I've seen. The investment is in land and cheap buildings...so you really cant be out that much money. When the real estate is valuable enough you can cash out or charge more.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
      Where the hell u gonna find a kwik kar for 200k?
      10% down.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I'd open a damned chick-fil-a. Every one I see has a line around the building at all times.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
          I'd open a damned chick-fil-a. Every one I see has a line around the building at all times.
          Good luck with that...

To the OP - I buy, fix, and sell defaulted mortgages. I would roll that $200k in to a self directed IRA, and have him come talk to me.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
            I dont think you can own those in the conventional sense.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              To the OP - I buy, fix, and sell defaulted mortgages.
              Quite a step above selling stoves. Good for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                I dont think you can own those in the conventional sense.
                They're cheap to open, but have one hell of a cost back to the corporation. 15% of sales, plus 50% of pretax profit. On top of that, it's a bitch to open one. They still have a ridiculous customer base.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                  Quite a step above selling stoves. Good for you!
                  Never mind. Not worth the effort.
                  Last edited by bcoop; 08-26-2019, 05:46 PM.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I looked in to opening a chick-fil-a about 15 years ago and the application process was pretty unbelievable. You, seriously have to a pillar of the community and put in a lot of volunteer, leadership things along with some serious business education. So, needless to say I didn't get it.
                    I looked into the kwik car business before it opened in Crowley and it was over a mil back then. Maybe 10-12 years ago.
                    I have land in Burleson and have thought about doing an independant oil change/lube business along with a boat/rv storage facility and should probably check into that more because the farming/ranching operation that I currently have is pretty bad under the current administration. And before anyone says anything, I will not talk or comment on anything political. Period.
                    Shooting for 1000 posts in 15, well make that 20 years.

6.2L Raptor, 5.9 & 6.7 Cummins, 09 SRT Challenger, 93 331R-block Cobra, 70 6-pack Cuda, 71 383 Cuda vert.

Comment

Originally posted by hotrodcobra View Post
                      I looked in to opening a chick-fil-a about 15 years ago and the application process was pretty unbelievable. You, seriously have to a pillar of the community and put in a lot of volunteer, leadership things along with some serious business education. So, needless to say I didn't get it.
                      I looked into the kwik car business before it opened in Crowley and it was over a mil back then. Maybe 10-12 years ago.
                      I have land in Burleson and have thought about doing an independant oil change/lube business along with a boat/rv storage facility and should probably check into that more because the farming/ranching operation that I currently have is pretty bad under the current administration. And before anyone says anything, I will not talk or comment on anything political. Period.
                      Funny you mention politics. McKinney pipe and steel had an anti obama poster hanging in their office for years...but when trump started the tariffs they realized it didnt matter what political party you were. Both sides can easily screw you over if you're not a battleground state.

Edit: also that sign is gone now
                      Last edited by Ruffdaddy; 08-26-2019, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                        Never mind. Not worth the effort.
                        Lmao!!

i saw it
                        "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                          Lmao!!

i saw it
                          Lulz. I didn’t. I’m sure it was a seething and triggered doozie.

Comment

We dug across a guys driveway to an independent storage place in Frisco. He had maybe 6 acres full of boats, RV’s and sxs’s. He looked like he was in his 30’s and drove a Ferrari. So I’d say storage place is a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                              Funny you mention politics. McKinney pipe and steel had an anti obama poster hanging in their office for years...but when trump started the tariffs they realized it didnt matter what political party you were. Both sides can easily screw you over if you're not a battleground state.

Edit: also that sign is gone now
                              you know the Richardsons?
                              pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
                                you know the Richardsons?
                                I know some Richardson's, but if they're affiliated with McKinney pipe and Steel then no. At least I don't know them any better than a 10 minute chat at the counter twice a year would lead me to know someone.

Great place for steel though.

Comment

Working...
                                X