Do you tip for takeout food?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
    Do you actually have experience in the restaurant biz? Because no restaurant actually pays the difference on a slow night.
    Management issue.

Comment

Do you actually have experience in the restaurant biz? Because no restaurant actually pays the difference on a slow night.
      Fuck no he doesn’t. Typical engineer. Because it says so on paper, so it must be the way it is. But theory and reality are rarely the same. NO restaurant I’ve ever worked at made up the difference on Monday nights, or any other slow time for that matter.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Because it's not a day by day payout....dude this is all public knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          Fuck no he doesn’t. Typical engineer. Because it says so on paper, so it must be the way it is. But theory and reality are rarely the same. NO restaurant I’ve ever worked at made up the difference on Monday nights, or any other slow time for that matter.
          Ooo you're an angry little appliance salesman.

What restaurant do you know of that's ever had an employee receive a paycheck that's less than minimum wage ?

Comment

Getting personal up in here!

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
              Getting personal up in here!
              It's just so easy to get these guys all riled up. No matter how many times they're wrong...they always come back for more.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                Ooo you're an angry little appliance salesman.

What restaurant do you know of that's ever had an employee receive a paycheck that's less than minimum wage ?
                Who’s angry? How much restaurant experience do you have? It’s a simple question. How many paychecks have you received from a restaurant?
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                  Who’s angry? How much restaurant experience do you have? It’s a simple question. How many paychecks have you received from a restaurant?
                  I've worked at 2.5 restaurants...I see you are resorting to running away from the fact that I'm entirely correct and you didnt know how the actual math worked with the tip credit system

Comment

I'm still not going to tip on an order I walk in and pick up myself.

That's retarded.
                    sigpic

Comment

I've worked at 2.5 restaurants...I see you are resorting to running away from the fact that I'm entirely correct and you didnt know how the actual math worked with the tip credit system
                      I have 20 years restaurant experience anywhere from hosting, waiter, cook, gm, managing partner.. I’ve worked in corporate and non corporate atmospheres.. they do not compensate you if you make less than minimum wage combined 2.13+tips. Most restaurants would say “you can quit if you don’t like it”.. could you pitch a fit and threaten with legal action for a few bucks? Sure, but you won’t be working there long after I assure you.
                      "PSH!!!"

Comment

Fuck, I wanna wait tables for 7.25 plus tips!! That’s all I would do!! Lol
                        "PSH!!!"

Comment

Fuck, I wanna wait tables for 7.25 plus tips!! That’s all I would do!! Lol
                          My whole point is that if we went by the "it's a management problem for not paying employees the real minimum wage" argument....then you shouldnt expect tips. The whole reason people always argue for tips is because "but but but we only get 2.13 an hour...sad face..."

I promise you most wait staff would be pissed to get 7.25 and no tips. And customers would not stop eating out because they would not have a higher bill when you consider the tip.

Comment

My small stint with waiting tables wait staff did not make MW. I think the only ones who made at least MW were the dishwashers and cooks.

Comment

My whole point is that if we went by the "it's a management problem for not paying employees the real minimum wage" argument....then you shouldnt expect tips. The whole reason people always argue for tips is because "but but but we only get 2.13 an hour...sad face..."

I promise you most wait staff would be pissed to get 7.25 and no tips. And customers would not stop eating out because they would not have a higher bill when you consider the tip.
                              Yea but if they’re guaranteed money, is there a reason to go that extra mile and give excellent service? I know I’d put in less effort if I made the same no matter how hard I tried.. I’d still give good service, but not over the top
                              "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                                That is an employee / management issue.
                                I made bank for that point and position and life. Graduated from college debt free. And got to bang all the new chicks they hired. However, you’re still a pos if you don’t tip.

Comment

Working...
                                X