Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we still have a hookup at grapevine ford?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
    I wouldn’t buy there. I think Skip’s Dad still works there, but the rest of the sales staff sucks and the service department is garbage.
    Understatement of the thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
      Understatement of the thread!
      Yeah but name a dealership where the service department isn't garbage. I'm sure they exist, but they're pretty rare. Even at the toyota dealer the service manager was yelling into the phone:

"Get it done ... GET IT DONE!!"

At one of the techs
      WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
        Yeah but name a dealership where the service department isn't garbage. I'm sure they exist, but they're pretty rare. Even at the toyota dealer the service manager was yelling into the phone:

"Get it done ... GET IT DONE!!"

At one of the techs
        I've had good experiences with 5 star off 820.

Comment

I don't like car debt so I make sure I have cash so I can take their stupid financing to get all the discounts. Then I pay that shit off as soon as I can figure out where to send the check. Fuck those guys and their bullshit.

Also, they can't give away Bullitts and GT350s right now.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Originally posted by racrguy
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I got my Raptor serviced at Grapevine Ford recently and it was a good experience. Hope it stays that way!
            Ford
            GM
            Toyota
            VAG

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
              Going to car dealer sucks.

1). Take snacks they try to wear you down.
              2). Give them a time limit.
              3). If taking in a trade, take both sets of keys.
              4). If they start to play games tell ‘em you can go somewhere else get the same thing from someone that wants to sell cars.
              5). Be prepared to drive home in your car the second they don’t do what you want (that’s why they have the spare key and not your keys).
              6). If you do buy their overpriced piece of shit they can tint the fucking windows on their own damn dime or park it in their asses.
              7). I will come pick it up, sign the paperwork after you’ve cleaned it and tinted the damn windows.

The dealers entire plan is to wear you down to accept their shitty deal. If you are gonna take a shitty deal just buy from a place like Carvana because its less hassle.
              What my friends dad does is he finds the car he wants. Lets say sticker is $30,000, cost to the dealer is $27,500 and he decides he wants to pay $26,000. Goes to all the dealers and says I want this car at $26,000. They all say there's no way they can do that price, he says fine but if magically one day you can do that price, give me a call.

They usually call once every few weeks saying Mr. Smith we can't do $26,000 but we'll do $27,500. He tells them, sorry I am not willing to buy the car at that price. It sometimes takes a 2-3 months but eventually one of those dealerships needs to make their bonus quota,call him up and say they can do $26,000 if he comes in today (usually the end of the month). Has worked every time for him.

This is a good way to go about it if you have time to wait and are buying new.

Comment

IMHO buying cars is a hell of a lot easier if its not a specialty vehicle where your leverage as a buyer kinda sucks.

Usually you just have to wait out the over-sticker bullshit

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                  IMHO buying cars is a hell of a lot easier if its not a specialty vehicle where your leverage as a buyer kinda sucks.

Usually you just have to wait out the over-sticker bullshit
                  They seem to think that everything that isn't the base model is "special" though.
                  WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                    Yeah but name a dealership where the service department isn't garbage. I'm sure they exist
                    I'll just pipe in - may be it will help someone. I've bought 4 cars from Honda Cars of Mckinney (new) and their service department is great so far - either that or other service departments I've experienced are just that bad.

Nissan of Mckinney....that is a different story!
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
                    X