No announcement yet.

2nd Gen Raptor owners, I seek your opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You mentioned trails but... do you actually need it's capabilities? If not I'd just go with a regular all day every day till the end of days. Maybe get a platinum or limited or something. They're still like 10-20k cheaper

Rators are stuff that I always envisioned land owners would buy. Like a rancher or something.
    WH

Comment

Congrats Rick.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
        I knew about this but didn't realize how big of a difference it was. The 2018 had a good ride (considering I'm driving a lifted Wrangler) but the 2019 felt like a Caddy..

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Greatness..

So I'm getting the 2019. I put down a deposit tonight. I have to finish up the financing with USAA and close the deal on the 26th.
        Congrats! Looks just like mine. Lose that front plate as it’s directly blocking the intercooler hole. Either run without or if CO is Nazis about it, there are side mount license plate brackets aftermarket.
        Ford
        GM
        Toyota
        VAG

Comment

Oh watch your oil consumption too. Some 3.5 HO have an issue. I lost a few quarts in 6200 miles on my 04/19 build truck which is technically supposed to be out of the TSB range... They are monitoring now to see if I need the TSB performed. Otherwise, my truck has been flawless.
          Ford
          GM
          Toyota
          VAG

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
            Oh watch your oil consumption too. Some 3.5 HO have an issue. I lost a few quarts in 6200 miles on my 04/19 build truck which is technically supposed to be out of the TSB range... They are monitoring now to see if I need the TSB performed. Otherwise, my truck has been flawless.
            My understanding is that the oil consumption issue was from a plastic oil pan Ford was using. I don’t know about other trims but Ford started using an aluminum pan for the 2019 Raptors.

But maybe that’s something else. Either way I’ll keep an eye on it. I’m planning to get an OEM extended warranty to cover my ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
              You mentioned trails but... do you actually need it's capabilities? If not I'd just go with a regular all day every day till the end of days. Maybe get a platinum or limited or something. They're still like 10-20k cheaper

Rators are stuff that I always envisioned land owners would buy. Like a rancher or something.
              I appreciate your attempt to inject some sanity into my decision making process but any purchase like this is devoid of sanity.

That said, the trails in Colorado will very much put a Raptor to the test.

Comment

Congrats and awesome truck. That'll be a blast around colorado I bet.

Comment

My understanding is that the oil consumption issue was from a plastic oil pan Ford was using. I don’t know about other trims but Ford started using an aluminum pan for the 2019 Raptors.

But maybe that’s something else. Either way I’ll keep an eye on it. I’m planning to get an OEM extended warranty to cover my ass.
                  My 2019 Raptor probably has the aluminum pan as well. The TSB relates to the valve covers and PCV allowing oil consumption. Again, my 04/19 Raptor build is supposed to be out of the range, but I'm having oil consumption issues for some reason. I drive it normal too and besides jumping curbs and railroad tracks occasionally, it drives around DFW living a pretty easy life. So, maybe I need to beat the piss out of it more?

I did buy an OEM extended warranty as well. 8 year/125k mile $0 deductible with all the add-ons (loaner coverage and LED bulbs, etc.)from Flood Ford. So, I'm not too worried about any issues and the truck has been awesome otherwise so far.
                  Ford
                  GM
                  Toyota
                  VAG

Comment

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
                    Over 60k for a 1/2 ton truck...no win.
                    The same could be said for the new $80k Mustang, yet there's plenty of win for anyone able to justify the cost on both cases.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

My 2019 Raptor probably has the aluminum pan as well. The TSB relates to the valve covers and PCV allowing oil consumption. Again, my 04/19 Raptor build is supposed to be out of the range, but I'm having oil consumption issues for some reason. I drive it normal too and besides jumping curbs and railroad tracks occasionally, it drives around DFW living a pretty easy life. So, maybe I need to beat the piss out of it more?

I did buy an OEM extended warranty as well. 8 year/125k mile $0 deductible with all the add-ons (loaner coverage and LED bulbs, etc.)from Flood Ford. So, I'm not too worried about any issues and the truck has been awesome otherwise so far.

Ahh, OK. I'll keep an eye on that.

Meanwhile, USAA just approved my loan so it's a done deal. I'll go pick it up the day after Christmas.

Comment

Ahh, OK. I'll keep an eye on that.

Meanwhile, USAA just approved my loan so it's a done deal. I'll go pick it up the day after Christmas.
                        Congrats, you're going to love it! It rides like a Cadillac around town and has so much capability. Looking forward to the pics/reviews of the Colorado trail drives. Should be a blast!

Sign up for Raptor Assault in UT. It's free with a new Raptor purchase. I'm going for the June 4/5 class in 2020. Should be awesome driving the school's Raptors on the trails!! Classes fill up FAST so get signed up sooner rather than later as soon as you take delivery. They just need your purchase date/VIN/purchasing dealer, etc. to get signed up.

Ford
                        GM
                        Toyota
                        VAG

Comment

Congrats, you're going to love it! It rides like a Cadillac around town and has so much capability. Looking forward to the pics/reviews of the Colorado trail drives. Should be a blast!

Sign up for Raptor Assault in UT. It's free with a new Raptor purchase. I'm going for the June 4/5 class in 2020. Should be awesome driving the school's Raptors on the trails!! Classes fill up FAST so get signed up sooner rather than later as soon as you take delivery. They just need your purchase date/VIN/purchasing dealer, etc. to get signed up.

https://www.raptorassault.com/
                          I heard about that. I’m definitely going to do that next summer. i’ll see if I can do that June 4/5 date. It’s not a far drive.

Comment

Come to Colorado and I shall grant your request.
                            I'll probably be up that way again next summer

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                              I'll probably be up that way again next summer
                              Roger that..

Comment

60g damn ford real proud of those.

Comment

Working...
                                X