What are yall gonna do about the virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BradM View Post
    I'm pretty dumb. Why are we banning flights from EU instead of China? There is probably a good explanation.
    Travel from China was banned few weeks back if I'm not mistaken.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I'm pretty dumb. Why are we banning flights from EU instead of China? There is probably a good explanation.
      EU didn't ban flights from china. now N Italy and S France have quarantine zones. The majority of the in the wild US infections have been from travelers returning from the European hot zones.

Comment

From my understanding travel from China was banned about a month ago (maybe more) but 90% of Europe refused to take action...so travel from China to Europe continued which flooded Europe with sick people...who then traveled from Europe to United States. That is why a large portion of Europe has people dying by the hundreds and it is spreading like a wildfire. The first cases in the United States were directly linked to people traveling from Europe to the US. It's too late to stop it now...so now we see how bad it will get. If you have elderly friends or parents/relatives or friends with compromised immune systems I would tell them to stay out of crowded places...churches, rallies, or anywhere that people gather in large numbers. This is going to get worse before it gets better.

Comment

• Ya so went to target tonight to grab a few things. All out of disinfectant wipes and almost out of TP. Also my wife’s work is running drills to see if they can work from home and my kids out of state tournaments may be cancelled. Fuck it I’m going wolverine in a week or so, y’all ready to fuck shit up?

Comment

• NBA suspended their season as well after a player tested positive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
              Just sad and messed up on all levels.
              We eat cows and chickens and fish like it's going out of style...
              WH

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                We eat cows and chickens and fish like it's going out of style...
                Food mammals, yes.

Not working animals, or rodents.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                  I've been more selective about which door knobs i lick.

Or icecream at the store freezer section.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                    Food mammals, yes.

Not working animals, or rodents.
                    Oh they work, so it's different. I'd say a cow that gets milked every day is certainly a working animal. Until they turn it into cheap steaks or stew meat or something.
                    WH

Comment

• Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                      Travel from China was banned few weeks back if I'm not mistaken.
                      Yea, Trump took a lot of flack for doing it too. It wasn’t a total ban but it helped IMO. There have been several mistakes made but he was spot on with this one.

IMO, the problem with any travel ban now is that the genie is already out of the bottle here. I’m not totally dismissing the ban but I’m just not sure it matters at this point.

Comment

• Tom hanks got it!
                        "PSH!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                          I'd say a cow that gets milked every day is certainly a working animal.
                          Well, you'd be fucking wrong.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                            Ya so went to target tonight to grab a few things. All out of disinfectant wipes and almost out of TP. Also my wife’s work is running drills to see if they can work from home and my kids out of state tournaments may be cancelled. Fuck it I’m going wolverine in a week or so, y’all ready to fuck shit up?
                            In Fredericksburg for the rest of the weekend, yesterday the TP shelves in Walmart had been picked clean.

Comment

• my kid's volleyball tournament in Shreveport next weekend might get cancelled. We have another one the following weekend in Kansas City in question. We have paid for hotels and shit already. I'm going to be pissed if I blew all that money for nothing. But at least I didn't buy plane tickets like a lot of the parents did.

Comment

• We're cancelling our trip through DFW and Louisiana. We were going to visit my Mom but she's over 70 and has multiple health issues. I don't want to chance passing it to her. So we're pushing it back to the summer..

A bigger issue is that we are in the process of buying an acre of land to the south of Breckenridge. We've started to consider backing out of the purchase. We'd be out $500 in earnest money but I'm not sure what my employment situation will be if this continues through the summer.

Also, I think there's a chance real estate is going to take a hit. We could get another property for less money if we wait it out a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X