No announcement yet.

What are yall gonna do about the virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I ordered a bidet off Amazon the other day, I'm not worried about the TP crisis... My wife went to the store to get some potatoes last night for dinner, they had none. Like all produce was gone, eggs gone, she got the last gallon of milk, I mean... people are fucking retarded!

So, after she told me how fucked up it was, I immediately went to Academy down the street and bought 1.5 cases of shotgun shells and 1500 rounds of .22 since those are the only things I don't make myself. It was a good idea to go then as well cause I wasn't the only one with that thought.
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
      I ordered a bidet off Amazon the other day, I'm not worried about the TP crisis... My wife went to the store to get some potatoes last night for dinner, they had none. Like all produce was gone, eggs gone, she got the last gallon of milk, I mean... people are fucking retarded!

So, after she told me how fucked up it was, I immediately went to Academy down the street and bought 1.5 cases of shotgun shells and 1500 rounds of .22 since those are the only things I don't make myself. It was a good idea to go then as well cause I wasn't the only one with that thought.
      You did exactly what you're calling people retarded for except food is way more useful than the ammo at this point...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
        Makes sense. It's a really shitty situation all around. I feel for the lower wage earners but I also know waaaaay too many people making over $100K that live paycheck to paycheck...
        In this same vein Microsoft has committed to paying all hourly employees their full wage in the event of lost hours due to closures of any kind. Aside from the contagion concerns, this has become a very real issue for a lot if people.

The hoarding mentality finally hit our Tom Thumb this week, and I now have a better understanding of how it's getting to this point. I'm no more concerned about the virus itself than before, but seeing the empty shelves did put a few more ominous "what if" scenarios in my head. I still don't rationally think that my family will go hungry, or die from Covid, but I did have the subconcious urge to buy extra everything.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Big A; 03-14-2020, 10:34 AM.

Comment

• Glad I got laying chickens and a couple freezers full of deer and pigs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
            In this same vein Microsoft has committed to paying all hourly employees their full wage in the event of lost hours due to closures of any kind. Aside from the contagion concerns, this has become a very real issue for a lot if people.

The hoarding mentality finally hit our Tom Thumb this week, and I now have a better understanding of how it's getting to this point. I'm no more concerned about the virus itself than before, but seeing the empty shelves did put a few more ominous "what if" scenarios in my head. I still don't rationally think that my family will go hungry, or die from Covid, but I did have the subconcious urge to buy extra everything.

That's badass on Microsoft's part. I don't know how many people will actually follow that lead.

I usually have around 3-4 weeks of camping food around so I'm just about always prepared. But i specifically left early Wednesday to do my normal grocery shopping because I figured this would happen. All you had to do was look at italy and china. Even being prepared, I did grab a few extra canned good and snacks for the long term in line with what you're saying.

I was surprised at people buying perishables that'll go bad in a week.

I think the "shortages" are very temporary...kinda like the great gas shortage a few years ago that lasted a week.

Comment

• I haven't changed my daily routine in any way. I think I heard we got our first confirmed case in Idaho the other day. It's all my coworkers want to talk about. Quite annoying.

We'll be out riding dirt bikes in the desert tomorrow while everyone else panics

Comment

• Will be funny when Monday the shelves are stocked again! At least everything got rotated
                "PSH!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                  Will be funny when Monday the shelves are stocked again! At least everything got rotated
                  This was my exact thought last night while we were trying to do our regular grocery shopping. Those fuckers at Wal Mart corporate, trying to figure out what to do with aged food stock, fucking laughing all the way to the bank.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• I saw some people at Home Depot freaking out over the last gallon of Clorox bleach. I have a tank with 6500 gallons of industrial strength liquid bleach in it that gets rotated about every 10 days. I should probably start selling it on Facebook.
                    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                      You did exactly what you're calling people retarded for except food is way more useful than the ammo at this point...
                      While you're not wrong... I just got my .22 suppressor and I'll be damned if I don't get to play with it for the next few months. And I was going to make a trip to buy that stuff this weekend anyway, before all this craziness. Priorities man!
                      Originally posted by stevo
                      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• Supply chain is broken remember that!! Say it 10 times so you don’t forget

Comment

• I just got back from Albertsons and I only bought things I needed. Crazy, I know.

Comment

• I just bought a new truck. Wasn’t any shortage on them and got a hell of a deal because it was a leftover ‘19.

Comment

• Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                              While you're not wrong... I just got my .22 suppressor and I'll be damned if I don't get to play with it for the next few months. And I was going to make a trip to buy that stuff this weekend anyway, before all this craziness. Priorities man!
                              I have a few hundred cases of CCI blazer .22 ammo. I'll sell you one if you really need it. There is 5000rd per case I believe.
                              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post

That's pretty much it. I'm not wanting to get stuff because I'm worried about a global catastrophe. It's more self defense at this point, because when I do actually needs something like TP, I won't be able to get it because some frenzied azzhat is hoarding 24 cases of it for no real reason.

The Sam's and Kroger in my area got pounded today. I went in both just to get some items on my usual weekly errands, and they were packed with folks and empty shelves for beans, rice, TP, water and frozen meats. Saw my first paranoid person with a mask and nitrile gloves on.

I am thinking this is more like when a snow storm is forecasted and people freak out about it and clean the shelves. Then a week later all is normal again on the supply side of things. I'm hoping in 2 weeks, there'll be plenty of TP and such again on the shelves. Unless the hoarders are just absolutely bonkers.
                                Last edited by GhostTX; 03-14-2020, 08:03 PM.
                                "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Working...
                                X