What are yall gonna do about the virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
    Is this shit over yet? Starting to look like it. Still not sure what it's all about though.

I'm going to work tomorrow.

Today was a great day. I made it across town in five minutes. Accomplished a lot today also.
    It's certainly not over but people are starting to say "screw it". Americans aren't going to stay in lockdown for a year...and as people realize this is here to stay they won't put up with it. The world reacted too late and now we get to keep this thing.

There also haven't been near enough deaths to scare people because the focus has been on total deaths and not death rate.

Parks are packed, stores are packed and I'm seeing friends starting to hang out in small groups (granted it's the exact friends I would expect to ignore this order).

As people start to realize the health professionals will want these measures in place for several months...people will start to ignore the lock downs.

Comment

• Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
      I think it was on here that someone posted a foxnews link that had 2 doctors on and they were saying all his patients that had it that had a bmi over 30 was pretty bad and diabetes and pre diabetes make it even worse.
      It’s only worse for Type 1 diabetics since it is an autoimmune disease. Type 2 is not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
        Vaccine deniers are right up there with tp hoarders. Funky. Full of shit with a short life span.

No, they're not.

TP hoarders are merely annoying.

Vaccine Deniers are a much much much much higher level of stupid. Many are well educated and SHOULD know better but they are willfully stupid in their response the the actual science that shows they are endangering their kids and the population in general.

IMO, you need to go to prison if your kid dies from Measles because you willfully kept them from getting a vaccine. If your kid gives another kid Measles, you still need jail time.

My kid is autistic so I have to deal with this level of stupid on a regular basis. I'm a patient person but in this case, I won't give them a second of my time. FUCK THEM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
          It’s only worse for Type 1 diabetics since it is an autoimmune disease. Type 2 is not.
          That's exactly backwards. Type 1, like me, have an overactive immune system. Type 2s have ruined theirs, their kidneys, their circulatory system, etc, by being prone and still being lazy and eating bad.

Notice the BMI of most of the dead? 30+
          sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
          17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
          13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
          86 SVO - Sold
          '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
          01 TJ - new toy - Sold
          65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

• Eh, the more I study on it, it seems both are susceptible if BG is not managed properly. It's always been hammered in my head that Type 1's are more likely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
              IMO, you need to go to prison if your kid dies from Measles because you willfully kept them from getting a vaccine. If your kid gives another kid Measles, you still need jail time.
              same as firing a gun near people or driving drunk its all endangering the welfare of the general public

Comment

• Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                same as firing a gun near people or driving drunk its all endangering the welfare of the general public
                No it's not. It would only be the same of you drank a bottle of measles and then went around large crowds of people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                  No it's not. It would only be the same of you drank a bottle of measles and then went around large crowds of people.
                  Do they sell that OTC or do you have to have a prescription?
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                    Do they sell that OTC or do you have to have a prescription?

Comment

• Originally posted by scootro View Post
                      nice!! i gotta see that one
                      It'll be funny to see how many members here buy one when they're available in 10-15 years.

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                      JEEZ!!!What a cheesy movie.. Melanie Griffin sure looked nice, though.
                      I love them old 80's movies like that for some reason. Amazon prime video is a great source for em. You know as bad as they are, they're still better/more believable than the pc trash they make these days.
                      WH

Comment

• New York has been compiling some really interesting data. It looks like high blood pressure and being old are the bigger risk factors.

Comment

New York has been compiling some really interesting data. It looks like high blood pressure and being old are the bigger risk factors.

https://covid19tracker.health.ny.gov...253Atoolbar=no
                          Yeah so if you live in or around Queens, are 60+ and have high blood pressure you really should worry.

Comment

• Originally posted by BP View Post
                            Yeah so if you live in or around Queens, are 60+ and have high blood pressure you really should worry.
                            Though not PC, it would be of some interest to include ethnicity in the data. Why have comments formerly dispensed by and reported by the NSM from Ocasio-Cortez ad nauseum not so long ago stopped?

Comment

New York has been compiling some really interesting data. It looks like high blood pressure and being old are the bigger risk factors.

https://covid19tracker.health.ny.gov...253Atoolbar=no

My Mom has so many risk factors that if she gets this, she's pretty much dead.

Fortunately my Brother-in-Law sent her a youtube vid on how COVID19 works and it scared the shit out of her. She's been a good girl and is staying home. I've been sending her cash to buy things that'll keep her busy/entertained at home.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                                My Mom has so many risk factors that if she gets this, she's pretty much dead.

Fortunately my Brother-in-Law sent her a youtube vid on how COVID19 works and it scared the shit out of her. She's been a good girl and is staying home. I've been sending her cash to buy things that'll keep her busy/entertained at home.
                                Yeah, these older people just don't want to listen. My cousin in laws dad, is about 80, said he doesn't give a shit and is going out and doing whatever the fuck he wants. Going to the stores, pharmacies, not washing his hands, not wearing a mask or handkerchief, etc. This disease is a terrible way to die since you are in pain and suffering the whole time til you croak.
                                I'm not of that age but I have had the flu a few times in my life and it fucking sucks, this shit is supposed to be worse, especially the older you get...
                                Originally posted by Silverback
                                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                                X