No announcement yet.

What are yall gonna do about the virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm really thankful that my wife is able to work from home through this. She's actually putting in quite a bit of overtime. Which helps because they cut my pay in half at my job. Commission checks going to be a turd too. She is keeping us a float.
    It also helps that she's not driving 40 miles a day any more. I alternate taking her car and my truck to work to keep the batteries healthy.
    Wife and the kid are going a little stir crazy at home. But getting by. Wife just works to keep busy, and the kid is reading books and working out.
    I feel that my day to day hasn't changed much, just a little more free time and less spending money. Though I think of it as the calm before the storm. in the near future things are going to suck.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
      It also helps that she's not driving 40 miles a day any more. I alternate taking her car and my truck to work to keep the batteries healthy.
      I'm saving $200 a month on the toll tag, and probably double that in gas because of my lead foot and abysmal mileage, WFH definitely has an upside.

Comment

• Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
        hahaha, My hair is not that awesome.
        Be cool if it was though.

I await the return of the mullet. I won't have one myself, but I'll have to respect them more than these big unnecessary, over hyped mountain man beards you see everywhere.
        WH

Comment

• Mullets are actually back. But it is among the younger generation. I could have a nice one. Just reached point of a pony tail. Still wouldn't do it lol. Figured I'd go long hair one more time at 40 while I still have it.

Comment

• This isn't going back to normal anytime soon y'all.

Comment

• Our town is heavily discouraging anyone from being here who isn't a full-time resident. Even second home owners (which make up a large portion of our population) are being told to stay at their primary residence until it blows over. The next county over (Gunnison) has, I believe, the second highest percentage COVID-19 cases in the country. Unfortunately, that's where everyone from my town goes for groceries, supplies, prescriptions, etc. We don't have much of a choice. It's an hour drive each way, but there's nothing else around.

Gunnison County has actually threatened fines up to $5,000 and up to 18 months in jail for anyone who isn't a resident in the county who is caught there (certain folks can apply for waivers, depending on the situation). They're counting our county (Hinsdale) as part of theirs, so we can still go in and out for essentials. But, even second home owners there can be fined/jailed. I think that's taking it too far, but they aren't playing around.

Anyway, the majority of the second home owners (and tourists, for that matter) to this part of Colorado are from Texas. The Texas Attorney General actually sent a "warning" letter yesterday to the County Health Department in Gunnison, telling them that banning Texans from going to their own homes up here is "unconstitutional and unacceptable". Here's the link: https://www.9news.com/mobile/article...c-bd9ff0cdc943

I agree 100% with that. If people want to come up to property that they own, no one should be able to stop them. They definitely should quarantine themselves after they arrive, and then follow all of the same rules and suggestions for social distancing, but threatening fines and jail time is a bunch of horseshit, imo. It's actually creating a big debate among folks here, with some agreeing with the Texas AG, but the majority agreeing with keeping everyone out for now.

Meanwhile, I'm going camping next weekend, about 5 miles from the house. Social distancing is my jam.

Comment

• Originally posted by jluv View Post
                Our town is heavily discouraging anyone from being here who isn't a full-time resident. Even second home owners (which make up a large portion of our population) are being told to stay at their primary residence until it blows over. The next county over (Gunnison) has, I believe, the second highest percentage COVID-19 cases in the country. Unfortunately, that's where everyone from my town goes for groceries, supplies, prescriptions, etc. We don't have much of a choice. It's an hour drive each way, but there's nothing else around.

Gunnison County has actually threatened fines up to $5,000 and up to 18 months in jail for anyone who isn't a resident in the county who is caught there (certain folks can apply for waivers, depending on the situation). They're counting our county (Hinsdale) as part of theirs, so we can still go in and out for essentials. But, even second home owners there can be fined/jailed. I think that's taking it too far, but they aren't playing around.

Anyway, the majority of the second home owners (and tourists, for that matter) to this part of Colorado are from Texas. The Texas Attorney General actually sent a "warning" letter yesterday to the County Health Department in Gunnison, telling them that banning Texans from going to their own homes up here is "unconstitutional and unacceptable". Here's the link: https://www.9news.com/mobile/article...c-bd9ff0cdc943

I agree 100% with that. If people want to come up to property that they own, no one should be able to stop them. They definitely should quarantine themselves after they arrive, and then follow all of the same rules and suggestions for social distancing, but threatening fines and jail time is a bunch of horseshit, imo. It's actually creating a big debate among folks here, with some agreeing with the Texas AG, but the majority agreeing with keeping everyone out for now.

Meanwhile, I'm going camping next weekend, about 5 miles from the house. Social distancing is my jam.
                yep, and that's all it is, an empty threat. Good luck enforcing any of that bs

Comment

• Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                  The amount of lawsuits that are going to follow this Covid-19 situation will be staggering I think.

Comment

Our town is heavily discouraging anyone from being here who isn't a full-time resident. Even second home owners (which make up a large portion of our population) are being told to stay at their primary residence until it blows over. The next county over (Gunnison) has, I believe, the second highest percentage COVID-19 cases in the country. Unfortunately, that's where everyone from my town goes for groceries, supplies, prescriptions, etc. We don't have much of a choice. It's an hour drive each way, but there's nothing else around.

My friends parents and the Holy Hell my friend raised about this issue is why the Texas AG wrote that letter. He told the woman that issued that order that we would be there in 14 hours and they would not remove his parents or us. He also told her also told her that his parents were not going to apply for a variance and that she could kiss his ass
                    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                      It will likely fall apart at the court level but I can still see jackboots arresting people over it and fucking up their lives for a year or two. A handful of them that have posted on this site through the years would be first on the front line with cuffs ready if they were taking volunteers.

Comment

The U.S. Supreme Court in Crandall v. Nevada, 73 U.S. 35 (1868) declared that freedom of movement is a fundamental right and therefore a state cannot inhibit people's movement.

Comment

• Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                          The U.S. Supreme Court in Crandall v. Nevada, 73 U.S. 35 (1868) declared that freedom of movement is a fundamental right and therefore a state cannot inhibit people's movement.
                          You should try yelling that to the SWAT team as they kick in your door instead of shooting at them.
                          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

• Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                            My friends parents and the Holy Hell my friend raised about this issue is why the Texas AG wrote that letter. He told the woman that issued that order that we would be there in 14 hours and they would not remove his parents or us. He also told her also told her that his parents were not going to apply for a variance and that she could kiss his ass
                            Uh huh.
                            sigpic

Comment

Comment

You should try yelling that to the SWAT team as they kick in your door instead of shooting at them.
                                you should live in the real world.

Comment

Working...
                                X