Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hit a local Mexican meat market yesterday abound bought 9lb of assorted seasoned chicken and stakes. With my diet, meat is my main source of nutrition. I really want to find some ground beef, but the hoarding masses have made that near impossible. Hell, even the ground bison is gone. The Mexican market still has plenty of veggies and meat. Looks like we will be eating fajitas for the next week or so. lol Wife's going to try and find some ground beef today. I'll keep yall posted.

Comment

We have several Mexican meat markets available within a reasonable distance and will likely visit them ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
        Is it better to shop super early in the morning at store open or late at night? I want a brisket and some more healthy snacks
        Kroger at 121 & Coit Road had plenty of stuff on the shelves Wednesday morning at 8:00 a.m. Still no paper towels but plenty of toilet paper and some of most everything else. I didn't pay close attention to the meat inventory.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
          Early. Most stores are closing early so they can restock.
          Thanks again for the tip...it was nice and quiet. And while tons of stuff is still out, I thi k that's about as good as it will ever be stocked.

Originally posted by slow84lx View Post
          Kroger at 121 & Coit Road had plenty of stuff on the shelves Wednesday morning at 8:00 a.m. Still no paper towels but plenty of toilet paper and some of most everything else. I didn't pay close attention to the meat inventory.
          Yup...went to kroger this morning right at open. Stopped by my local Walmart too. They all had lots of meat but no brisket.

I'm gonna order a snake river farms wagyu with my trump check at this rae.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            The reality is county offices/courts are already closed for an undetermined amount of time. So they couldn’t proceed even if they want to. Every day the courts are closed, just pushes them that much further out because they’re already backlogged.
            Here the county courts are open 1 day a week alternating days and the ADA's work from home 4 days then go in the 1 day their court is open. No trials but still processing cases.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
              California's gov Newsome has already told their state National Guard to mount up, for humanitarian support such as helping the supply chain, looter protection, etc.
              People have been civil so far but if this virus is anywhere near as bad as we're hearing California is about to dealing with millions of victims. I mean how do you contain 100k people living in tents?

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                People have been civil so far but if this virus is anywhere near as bad as we're hearing California is about to dealing with millions of victims. I mean how do you contain 100k people living in tents?
                SF should have plenty of experience there..

Comment

For anyone needing hand sanitizer, at least three of the local distilleries are making it. Bendt, Acre and Firestone and Robertson.

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                    SF should have plenty of experience there..
                    I was about to say, same as they do now, and SoCal has a ton more experience and homeless population.

I was reading this morning that they have closed down all the temp hospitals in China, due to the declining cases of Covid-19, so the positive is that this will all be over soon, whatever the impact.

Comment

I was about to say, same as they do now, and SoCal has a ton more experience and homeless population.

I was reading this morning that they have closed down all the temp hospitals in China, due to the declining cases of Covid-19, so the positive is that this will all be over soon, whatever the impact.
                      yeah, and the first one is going up in WA state this morning. It's ending there, unfortunately we're weeks behind them and people here are fucking retards so...

Comment

yeah, and the first one is going up in WA state this morning. It's ending there, unfortunately we're weeks behind them and people here are fucking retards so...
                        I totally get that, but even "weeks" is better than total uncertainty, and with the lock downs happening, hopefully we fare better than the preceding countries.

I do still think that all said and done, this is going to flesh out to be a new flu variant, with slightly different symptoms, and the major complications being pneumonia and world-wide panic. That said, I'm not opposed to the quarantines, especially if shown to have helped minimize fatalities. Then again, mother nature does have her grand plan, and maybe she's slowly building tolerance to this human flu that is decimating the earth slowly.

Comment

I totally get that, but even "weeks" is better than total uncertainty, and with the lock downs happening, hopefully we fare better than the preceding countries.
                          yeah man, i was just adding on to your statement not trying to contradict it.

I'd like to hope that we fare better, but the spring breakers aren't building a solid case for us lol

Comment

yeah man, i was just adding on to your statement not trying to contradict it.

I'd like to hope that we fare better, but the spring breakers aren't building a solid case for us lol
                            Perhaps their alcohol consumption with help counter that larger gathering? heh

I do see it as unfortunate that the media isn't coming at it from this direction, the majority of the mass hysteria and hoarding is directly related to their end-of-days bias. At some point the media does need to become culpable for things like this. There is a huge difference in Kronkite reporting the factual numbers back in the day, and the likes of CNN telling the world to kiss their loved ones good-bye (I do realize that this is an over-dramatization, just like the media is doing).

Comment

The biggest problem is going to be the, "I'm living for me and fuck all y'all crowd". They fail to realize, that even if they have an iron clad immune system, they can still transmit the virus to other people. My wife's place of work has a couple of these types, one of which went to Austin this past weekend and attended several parties and is now at home showing signs of upper respiratory issues.
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                                The biggest problem is going to be the, "I'm living for me and fuck all y'all crowd". They fail to realize, that even if they have an iron clad immune system, they can still transmit the virus to other people. My wife's place of work has a couple of these types, one of which went to Austin this past weekend and attended several parties and is now at home showing signs of upper respiratory issues.
                                I disagree...and I had thought the same as you until this week.

My grandfather sent out an email complaining that his rural county is still allowing people to commute for their jobs into the metroplex. He was worried this was likely to spread to kids and then they would get sick when hanging out with grandkids. I told him that the CDC recommends self isolation for high risk people in the mean time. His response was that they didnt want to stop seeing their grand kids because that's inconvenient.

This selfish piece of shit would rather people go bankrupt than his retired 90 year old high risk ass have to change any of his behaviors. He literally wanted the county to lock down travel for all the healthy people but was unwilling to do anything to help himself.

Even my in laws have been going out like everything is normal and they're in their 60s.

Comment

Working...
                                X