Ford Bronco to debut on OJs birthday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
    Absolutely. I would put the new Defender on my shopping list if it didn’t have so many problem. The TFLTruck guys TRIED to one from our local dealer. Well, actually they did but they had to return it within a week and LR bought it back. Then they had a 2nd one which AGAIN LR had to buy back. Finally they are on their 3rd Defender which appears to be in good working order.
    Those guys seem to have the worst luck with stuff. Doug Demuro drove his from San Diego to Nantucket and back without issue besides some trim coming loose.

Comment

I just got back from looking at the big Bronco for the first time. IMO, Ford kinda half assed the interior. It’s a solid design, but the materials are cheap. Very Cheap IMO. An F150 XL has a nicer interior space. The “nautical vinyl” seats look terrible in person. I will say that they are very comfortable though. If I get a Bronco, it would have to be either cloth or leather. But seriously, the Bronco Sport’s interior is much nicer with higher end materials being used. The Jeep Wrangler has much nicer materials.
      Where did you see a Bronco at? I think they have some at the Bronco experience deal. I have a Badlands on order. Been anxious to see them in person.

Comment

• Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
        Where did you see a Bronco at? I think they have some at the Bronco experience deal. I have a Badlands on order. Been anxious to see them in person.
        There are some pre-production models making the rounds out there. They will be destroyed once the show circuit is done. I saw two at 4 Wheel Parts Truck Fest a few weeks ago.

Comment

This was a Bronco Experience event at Mile High Stadium in Denver. They had a Black Diamond and Outer Banks. IMO they kinda screwed the pooch on that one. Neither had a Sasquatch package and of course the didn't bring a Badlands. I mean, come on man, this is Denver Colorado. It's big time Jeep country. Bring your frackin' A-Game..

Comment

This was a Bronco Experience event at Mile High Stadium in Denver. They had a Black Diamond and Outer Banks. IMO they kinda screwed the pooch on that one. Neither had a Sasquatch package and of course the didn't bring a Badlands. I mean, come on man, this is Denver Colorado. It's big time Jeep country. Bring your frackin' A-Game..
            Yea, I would think they would have brought the Badlands and the next model up. I started looking at it and was going to get Black Diamond, but realized the Badlands was about the same as if I upgraded everything after market. I forgot you were in CO. I knew they had the experience up there. I still don't have my email stating it's in production yet. Hoping to get it this year and have a 2021 model.

Comment

Yea, I would think they would have brought the Badlands and the next model up. I started looking at it and was going to get Black Diamond, but realized the Badlands was about the same as if I upgraded everything after market. I forgot you were in CO. I knew they had the experience up there. I still don't have my email stating it's in production yet. Hoping to get it this year and have a 2021 model.
              Ford is building them but the company that makes the hard top has turned out to be a disaster. Ford has actually sent its own people to that factory to get things resolved and moving.

Because of the cheap interior, if I get a Bronco, I may get the base model. You can still the Sasquatch package with that model. Then I can mod the hell out of it.

Comment

Ford is building them but the company that makes the hard top has turned out to be a disaster. Ford has actually sent its own people to that factory to get things resolved and moving.

Because of the cheap interior, if I get a Bronco, I may get the base model. You can still the Sasquatch package with that model. Then I can mod the hell out of it.
                Who is making the hard tops for Ford?

BTW Bestop already has several soft tops designed and ready for the Bronco's, whenever they are finally out.

Comment

• Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                  Who is making the hard tops for Ford?

BTW Bestop already has several soft tops designed and ready for the Bronco's, whenever they are finally out.
                  A company called Webasto.
                  Some Ford Bronco order-holders are reportedly being told their builds have been pushed back yet again due to a supply problem with the hardtop manufacturer.

Bestop is making the production softtop. They already make the OEM top for the Wrangler as well.

Comment

I wanted the manual transmission with the bigger engine and Sasquatch, but that combo is not available (yet and may never be). I settled for the small engine and manual. When I looked at the Sasquatch package and Badlands, most of it is standard on the Badlands. The wheels and tires were the big things missing, both of which can be changed later. I'm still hopeful to get mine this year. We will see.

Comment

I wanted the manual transmission with the bigger engine and Sasquatch, but that combo is not available (yet and may never be). I settled for the small engine and manual. When I looked at the Sasquatch package and Badlands, most of it is standard on the Badlands. The wheels and tires were the big things missing, both of which can be changed later. I'm still hopeful to get mine this year. We will see.
                      There was an article about Ford considering a manual for the Sasquatch package, but it obviously won't be available this year.

Comment

• I was talking with the sales guy I know at 5 Star the other day about people who pre-ordered their Bronco's. If you got in early, you will probably get a 2021, if you got in late, it probably will be a 2022 model, due to the build backlog with every car company.

Comment

• And no difference between the two year models
                          WH

Comment

• Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                            I was talking with the sales guy I know at 5 Star the other day about people who pre-ordered their Bronco's. If you got in early, you will probably get a 2021, if you got in late, it probably will be a 2022 model, due to the build backlog with every car company.
                            He’s right. Ford has pretty much told everyone this. The big holdup though isn’t computer chips. Ford is prioritizing the Bronco over other models. The holdup is the hard top. They may still run into chip issues, like everyone else, but that hardtop is Ford’s biggest challenge to getting everything moving.

Comment

He’s right. Ford has pretty much told everyone this. The big holdup though isn’t computer chips. Ford is prioritizing the Bronco over other models. The holdup is the hard top. They may still run into chip issues, like everyone else, but that hardtop is Ford’s biggest challenge to getting everything moving.
                              Yep. As far as order in line, I ordered on day two or three. Can't remember.

Comment

• "After about a year of waiting for their Bronco 4-Door Outer Banks—which they ordered from a dealership that the husband used to work at—the couple was notified six days before delivery that the dealer was adding $10,000 markup over the MSRP they had agreed to. Their $52,810 truck became a $62,000 hostage overnight. They countered with $5000 over sticker, already a wild concession, but the dealer isn't sure whether to accept. After all, the business knows if the couple denies delivery they can sell it off the lot for a wild price. "

More dealership bs
                                WRX

Comment

Working...
                                X