No announcement yet.

Gas line easement - legal options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The whole backyard is the easement? Where is the location of the actual gasline?gasoline? Is Lot 13 occupied ?

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
      The whole backyard is the easement? Where is the location of the actual gasline?gasoline? Is Lot 13 occupied ?
      Yep, the whole backyard is the easement

Lot 13 has a house/pool on it.

The gasline is directly in line with the word "Estates"

Comment

Without knowing the full deal, I'll offer this up: You don't have enough cash to win this battle.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
          Without knowing the full deal, I'll offer this up: You don't have enough cash to win this battle.
          Oh I figured that out a few weeks ago at the start of this. The retainer for a real estate attorney was half the framing budget.

Just looking for any advice. Looks like I am scrapping the garage and just doing the apartment at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
            Bump, plat has been posted
            Assuming there are no building setbacks on the sides of your lot, the only real option to extend your garage is to the south (right on the page) into the current driveway with the new garage door facing the street. This is obviously not ideal as it would create a double-stack situation and you'd have to turn hard left into the "back" of the garage. And this assumes your neighborhood doesn't have a zoning restriction against garage doors facing the street.

Another option is to just add a carport in front of the garage so you've at least got covered parking, but again that blocks the cars in the garage from getting out.

You already know this, but you're pretty much landlocked by that easement.

Comment

I know it's a pain, but honestly your best bet may be to sell and buy a different house. Looking at Google maps you got screwed because the builder sold half your backyard for another house. The rest of the folks on your street have large backyards. I also don't see where anyone built into what I assume is the easement. It's going North/South, you can follow the path to the valve on Rapp. That's why your neighbor at 1113 built their pool so far back in the yard (what a PITA that is). 1121 probably concreted over it, with the expectation if they ever needed the concrete would be torn up for access and they'd be out the cost. We have a 10ft drainage easement across our back fence, and the pool builder told me he was going to go over the easement with concrete by a foot or two, but shouldn't be that big of deal. Caveat being that there is the remote possibility it gets torn up at some point for access, but I doubt it'll ever be needed.
              DamonH

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                Assuming there are no building setbacks on the sides of your lot, the only real option to extend your garage is to the south (right on the page) into the current driveway with the new garage door facing the street. This is obviously not ideal as it would create a double-stack situation and you'd have to turn hard left into the "back" of the garage. And this assumes your neighborhood doesn't have a zoning restriction against garage doors facing the street.

Another option is to just add a carport in front of the garage so you've at least got covered parking, but again that blocks the cars in the garage from getting out.

You already know this, but you're pretty much landlocked by that easement.
                Restrictions Restrictions....I'm in a project in the Lakewood Village and they don't allow your lot to be x amount stripped of vegetation and any concrete addon has to be so far from the property lines.
                Hell here in farmers branch in my neighborhood you can't add carports. Time to sell that house. I would say getting a contact to talk to would be a better choice. Building on top of a gas pipe joint would be a no no. Hell they can bore under if you were able to build.

Comment

Working...
                X