No announcement yet.

Should I feel bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess he needs his training wheels back ???

Comment

All you have to do is slow down enough to give the dog an armbar and problem solved.
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Originally posted by racrguy
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
        Did you consider finishing him off with your car? Two people can keep a secret if one is dead.

You should take advantage of living in the country more often.
        I’d probably be better off just taking her collar off and playing dumb. People dump dogs here regularly. I had 5 black mouth curs dumped here a couple years ago. We had to harass the shit out of the animal control officer to come get them and do his job. Then I literally had to make him load them up by putting them in his truck for him. He told me I should’ve just shot them. Government employees...

Comment

I ride. Bicycles are legal on road and are supposed to follow the same laws as all traffic. I call out the crappy cyclists on their BS frequently. They hurt all cyclists.

I also carry when I ride frequently.

Dog problem? Dismount and place bike between you and the dog. Give treats, dog/bear spray or lead to suit situation. Most dogs are in it for the chase. If you dismount and stop they normally pause and stop. The owner is usually nearby.

When I delivered newspapers by bike, a newspaper to the snout always got desired results and resulted in dog’s that would avoid you. One particularly persistent mutt got a full on Sunday paper smash after warning the owner at least a dozen times.

If you ride in DFW be prepared for bad dogs, idiots in cars that think they own the road, and lunatics hacking up people with machetes.

Comment

Hell I was riding on a walking/bike trail in DeSoto once and dog ran up and bit me, recumbents leave you exposed little. I like to ride White Rock Lake and Waxahachie has a decent trail and MTB system that is close. The problems with MUPs is the assholes walking side by side four deep and their damn kids/dogs running back and forth. Where I live I can put in 15 to 20 miles and hardly run into any traffic or people. I think the dog at the end of the street was dumped by the peoples shitty kids that stayed there a while after they died. It would literally hide in the bushes and wait on people in the front yard. Bad thing about my Greenspeed Aero trike was a dog was right at neck level and not easy to dismount quickly. I never block traffic, one reason I bought my Van Dessel WTF with bigger tires. I can roll into the ditch easily if needed and I usually hug the side of the road if anyone come up. In the summer since I work unusual hours I usually ride at midnight, with zero traffic, you just have to dodge the occasional drunk. I don't know how those folks ride in north Dallas and not get splattered, I live in the country for a reason. Although, there were some really nice laid out bike lanes up off of Mockingbird and Greenville.

While I do ride wearing my sexy spandex shorts and long pants, my tops are usually fairly conservative. Under armor shit, shocking I know, even though I have a few bike jerseys that are like bar hopping shirts. The stripe on the pants and shorts is freakishly reflective at night.
            Last edited by kingjason; 12-08-2020, 02:34 AM.
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I bet you are a lot more vulnerable on a recumbent. Since my knee surgery I don’t ride fast in tights anymore. Now I’m wearing MTB gear with padded undies. My gear has lots of pockets and is baggy making CC easy. I’m usually riding something big, steel, and easy to dismount.

I need to go ride the Mineral Wells trail this next spring.

Comment

I live in the country, or at least used too. Burleson is changing. Fast. I have a lot of land and a lot of road frontage. I am on the road regularly moving cattle between several nearby farms that I lease.

There are bike riders in front of my house/place on a near daily basis. Yes, they slow me down at times, but it takes more than a few minutes of wasted time getting caught behind bikes to ruin my day, so let's talk about something that really gives me problems.

Dogs.

To be more exact. Neighboring loose dogs and/or dogs that have been dumped. I have lost numerous calves to "packs" of dogs. I have lost older cattle due to being chased all night and getting respitory problems. I witnessed a new neighbors dogs chase one of my cows, at full tilt through the fence from my side of the property onto his and then he has the nerve to tell me to keep my cattle off his land! He told me that he moved from the city so his dogs would have room to roam and that he would never pen them. I have also had many more problems taking the ditch or flat spotting tires due to dogs on the roadway than bikes.

I have dogs. They occasionally get out. I take full responsibility if/when they are on the roadway if it results in their demise from being hit, or otherwise. I feel bad when one of my dogs chases a bike. I would feel worse if my dog ended up dead, but accept the consequences.
                Shooting for 1000 posts in 15, well make that 20 years.

6.2L Raptor, 5.9 & 6.7 Cummins, 09 SRT Challenger, 93 331R-block Cobra, 70 6-pack Cuda, 71 383 Cuda vert.

Comment

dogs chasing cattle die around here . your dog my dog doesn't matter . it is not tolerated period .

Comment

Working...
                  X