Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any of yall owner-financing out a house right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuck that, if they can't qualify for a loan, I sure as fuck am not financing them. Foreclosures are a pain, plus repairs.

Comment

P.S. rentals are a different.

Comment

I like to use this example when talking about government interference in mortgages. I tried this as an experiment some years back. I walked into a Porsche dealer, pointed at a car that was almost $200,000 and could have been the new owner driving away in under 15 minutes. I could not buy a home for less money than that without spending days filling out paperwork and basically having to hand over every piece of financial data that I can get my hands on and even then I would have to sit around with my thumb up my ass wondering if the bank was going to give me permission to buy something. I have told you all before that I've never borrowed money ; what I've never said is the reason why. I simply cannot stand the process of borrowing money and will not put up with it . Owner financing has its place in the world and when I was growing up once my dad quit being a police officer we moved every two years. I think every home we moved out of we owner financed to the new buyers and never had a problem.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
          Oh golly, thanks for pointing out that you have bought two properties with IRS liens on them. The fact that you seem to think that is relevant tells me all I need to know about your expertise on this subject.
          So you're the one to ask about foreclosures. Is there any truth to all that "You can get a steal on a foreclosure!" talk? I'm sure you've heard it. People saying that you can buy a foreclosed house for far less than it's worth. Half price, or 75% off. Then you fix it and flip it, of course.

Is that kind of thing real? What's the reality of the situation
          WH

Comment

Foreclosures get sold at auction. To get a good deal there has to be a reason why some other people don't want to bid on the property or for whatever reason there simply aren't that many people bidding.

Edit: I personally don't like flipping houses because I don't like swimming with the sharks. Too much competition means the margins are very low. I want to do things where there is no competition. Recently I've been building small houses in Hunt County. It's really easy to make a cheap house with a 45% profit margin when you're into a lot for $7,000
            Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 03-21-2021, 03:34 PM.
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Maybe it would be possible to find somewhere remote where there won't be that many people bidding. Like in those tiny texas towns. Seems like the houses are still $80k-$120k there.
              WH

Comment

Working...
              X