Stealerships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
    Been dealing with them for the last month. On the subject of business models that need to die, that is near the top of the list.
    I agree, I am about to carvana or vroom some shit.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
      new business idea! hire a middle man for a dealership deal
      Dealerships are already unnecessary middlemen. You want a fourth person involved that is going to expect to get paid?

I was planning on picking up something fun this summer but think I'm going to hold off, maybe until next year. Things are just too crazy out there right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
        I don't know him. He might try to rape me. I'm a beautiful petite man.
        That's the fun part of the game, man...

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
          I don't know him. He might try to rape me. I'm a beautiful petite man.
          Carmax was ok when I bought from them several years ago. Didn't really get the usual lousy dealership experience.
          WH

Comment

Last car I bought at a dealership was like 2005 and I was done then.. guess I’ll never buy a new car lol
            "PSH!!!"

Comment

We had a fantastic and easy experience getting my wife's BMW at Classic a few years ago, will be time again in a few months. Last year I had a good experience with Freeman GMC of Grapevine.
              Originally posted by stevo
              Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                I agree, I am about to carvana or vroom some shit.
                Sounds live vroom isn't any better based on TFL's experience.

Earlier this month, TFL Studios gave online car buying service Vroom.com a try, shelling out more than $63,000 on a used 2015 BMW i8. Nearly two weeks later,...

Comment

Well, that sucks. He does have to buy a bond thru his bank for the cashiers check, but he'll get that back and all of his money too. I'd chalk it up as loss of a nice car and look for another. Not good PR for their company, but it was probably some dope at the counter that lost the check, but for a company that is trying to advertise themselves as a painless way to buy a car, that does not bode well for them...

I used Carvana to sell my Explorer Sport. Pretty seamless process that went as well as the online buying of my new Mustang GT thru that Ford dealership in AR.
                  I went to their website as well as Vroom and Carmax, Carvana offered the most money.
                  Niether of these companies haggle either way (buying or selling), so I took the Carvana offer, I was upside down right at $1k, when they came to inspect the car I gave them the cashiers check, keys and I singed the paperwork. I also made copies here at my home of all the documents that I signed. It was all pretty cut and dry, I've traded in many cars and all of these were similar.
                  A few hours later a tow truck showed up and took the car. It was a Thursday and about a work week went by and I saw that on my account at Ford financials website that the car had been payed off by Carvana to the tune of $33k. Ford obviously sent them the title and all was done.
                  That was by far the easiest selling (and buying) of car I have ever encountered, both buying and selling were done in the comfort of my home by typing away on my laptop. I have not bought a car like those guys, but I don't believe I would either as I need to conduct a thorough inspection of any car I'm buying whether new or used.
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                    I have not bought a car like those guys, but I don't believe I would either as I need to conduct a thorough inspection of any car I'm buying whether new or used.
                    I bought my first site unseen car a few months ago from Vernon Ford, it was a 2015 Porsche Macan for the wife one owner low miles. I don't think I would do it again, car got delivered and had rock chips and curb rash that the salesman didn't mention. Even though I didn't specifically ask about those two I did ask if there was any damage at all to it and he said no its great. It also only showed up with 1 key which wasn't mentioned, and on this car that is a pain in the ass to fix when you don't have a local dealer.

Conclusion is I'll turn down the free shipping next time and go look at it in person.

Comment

I’ll sell you a car

Comment

The only good dealer experience i have had was at Park Place Mercedes. They are really relaxed there, but every single other dealership experience i have gone through i fucking hate it.

The sales games such as "oh, we put the wrong sticker on the car" to "well, we have a 500 dollar paperwork fee" to the ADM games they have on cars is infuriating.

The beatings the dealers are going to take over this chip shortage is going to put leverage back in the hands of the automakers and i sure hope they use it to squeeze down on dealers even harder.

Apparently, Ford has very strict controls on how dealers present and sell cars like the Mach-E electric SUV because they know that greedy or unsavory dealers can absolutely destroy the launch of this important car for Ford. I bet they do the same for the new Lightning.

When news hit that a dealer was putting a massive ADM on the new Mach E, Ford stepped in and forced them to sell it at MSRP and im sure they stripped allocations to that dealer as punishment.

Comment

Dealers have only gotten worse in the past year too thanks to forced shortage of cars. Demand in DFW is also off the charts thanks to all our new residents. I’d advise against buying a car for the next 12 months.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                            Demand in DFW is also off the charts thanks to all our new residents.
                            Who are our all new residents? Just more of the masses moving to texas because it's better than their shit-for-brains state?
                            WH

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                              Yes they do.

Though when I bought my Mustang a few months ago, it was the least painless I have ever had. Found it at a Stealership in AR, we did everything online and by phone. Took a few times to get someone to help me, but once I did an APP online it was seemless. They delivered the car to me, I inspected it, sign the paperwork and boom, done.
                              Better than the fresh scent of Newport’s.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                I’ll sell you a car
                                You can't help me, people in Oklahoma aren't allowed to have nice things. It's in The Bible.

Comment

Working...
                                X