Oil Pan repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
    Is there any skid plates or other guards that can be added to keep from damaging the pan again?
    Or maybe not try rock crawlin in it. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
      Or maybe not try rock crawlin in it. :P
      I suppose a lift kit and larger tires would work?

Comment

So, yes there are skid plates available. I could also get up to a 2.5" lift and some ATs. However I won't making the mistake of going down "just a dirt road" again. Besides the oil pan, there was about $400 of damage from parts alone.

I'm only planning to keep this car for one or two years so it's not getting any significant mods.

Comment

Here's what I managed to do last weekend. Yea, it's stupid, I already know that..

This was supposed to be 'just a dirt road' but we went down hill at one spot and it got muddy quick. We couldn't go back the way we came so we ended up going through the rest of the 'dirt road' until we got to the county road. The Mini actually performed impressively for what it is. We went over some fairly rocky terrain with no damage. The mud pictured here was the worse of it. We got through most of the mud but bottomed out at the end. As I backed out, the spoiler got caught on something and was ripped off.

Fortunately we found a bypass that was overgrown with weeds. It was totally dry ground so we had no issues getting past this. A bit later, we went through a small mud puddle and the oil pan struck a rock causing that bit of damage. Still, the car drove us home without issue.

So a new airdam, underbody panel, ultrasonic parking sensor, and some hardware comes to a bit over $400. It's an expensive lesson but it's learned.

Comment

Do what Nate did
            Today on Dirt Lifestyle we finish our Gambler 500 project! We bought this supercharged Mini Cooper for a $1,000 a couple weeks ago and gave it a new lease on...

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
              That would definitely be an option if I were keeping it for a while.

Comment

Working...
              X