Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do with Mom's house? (Flippers and landlords please read)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
    I obviously have not seen the place but in your opinion is doing those things really going to be worth the return? I would assume that if those items are in bad shape other items are as well and anyone looking to buy the property is going to be ok with how it is now or had planned on renovating it themselves anyways.

I would list it as is unless those things are really going to pay off and offer a discount for whatever you were going to spend as an offer to potential buyers.
    Due to a sewage back up that wasn't properly cleaned up, and a dog that used the carpet as a "backyard," the house has a strong unpleasant odor. For that alone I think that replacing the carpet with something cheap will pay dividends. He'll, ripping it out and selling with a sealed foundation would bring a higher price for that matter, maybe I'll just do that instead.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
      Due to a sewage back up that wasn't properly cleaned up, and a dog that used the carpet as a "backyard," the house has a strong unpleasant odor. For that alone I think that replacing the carpet with something cheap will pay dividends. He'll, ripping it out and selling with a sealed foundation would bring a higher price for that matter, maybe I'll just do that instead.

Put in carpet. We got dinged by realtors for our stained concrete floors because it covered more than half the house and was considered “unfinished”.

I was pissed.
      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
      dont downshift!!
      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Carpet is going in as I type, and new paint will follow. I'll be there over Thanksgiving to mend the fence that got blown around with the crazy winds a few weeks back, mom's flying back with us, and it goes on the market as soon as the junkers do a final clean out.

Do any of you have experience or recommendations for a company to come empty the house? I have her jewelry, and beyond that there's nothing in the house of significant value, certainly not worth the time and effort to have an estate sale, and still have to follow behind that with a clean out.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
          Carpet is going in as I type, and new paint will follow. I'll be there over Thanksgiving to mend the fence that got blown around with the crazy winds a few weeks back, mom's flying back with us, and it goes on the market as soon as the junkers do a final clean out.

Do any of you have experience or recommendations for a company to come empty the house? I have her jewelry, and beyond that there's nothing in the house of significant value, certainly not worth the time and effort to have an estate sale, and still have to follow behind that with a clean out.

Day laborers?

Comment

I likely won't be there to coordinate, so even though I'm not worried about anything getting stolen, I do need an insurance that the house won't be destroyed.

Comment

As a suggestion, see if there's any Habitat for Humanity stores in your mothers area. They will accept everything in the house, and you get a tax write-off.
              Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Working...
              X