Your Opinion Of The Death Penalty...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Opinion Of The Death Penalty...

i have something of a morbid fascination with people who have been executed or are awaiting execution. my personal opinion is that i am all for putting those people that have commited capital murder to death. we currently have a capital murder trial going on out here in little ole marshall, tx...

here is a tidbit from an article in the local paper today...

"The capital murder trial of Cortne’ Mareese Robinson was abruptly interrupted Tuesday morning when a relative of victims, Frank and Arnola Zabokrtsky, bolted across the courtroom, trying to tackle Robinson after watching a video of him sitting in a patrol unit, ranting how he should’ve killed Ms. Zabokrtsky when he had the chance."

the only person, so far, to have been executed for capital murder in marshall was steven renfro. here is a story on what he did...

On Aug. 25, 1996, after taking what he told authorities were 70 doses of the tranquilizer Valium along with liquor, Renfro put on camouflage clothing, blackened his face and armed himself with four guns, including a military assault rifle, and some 500 rounds of ammunition.

He shot and killed his live-in girlfriend, Rhena Fultner, 36, then an aunt who lived with them, Rose Rutledge, 63. Then he went to the nearby trailer home of Counts, 40, an acquaintance against whom he had a grudge, and fatally shot him, firing more than 150 rounds into Counts' mobile home.

When police responding to reports of gunfire arrived, he opened fire again, wounding Marshall Officer Dominic Pondant in the shoulder and turning his patrol car "into Swiss cheese," as authorities described it. Police exchanging fire were outgunned by Renfro's .45- and .50-caliber handguns and an AR-15 rifle, but one of his weapons malfunctioned and Pondant was able to hit the gunman.

"I killed them all," the wounded Renfro told officers who arrested him.

i am just curious to hear different opinions on this...

I'm all for expanding it to include more crimes. Of course, I happen to think the planet is overpopulated.

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Nelson (Singing)
      Gather all the rope in Tex-as, find a tall oak tree, round up all of them baad boys hang em high in the street...for all the people to see

Comment

I'm all for the death penalty, however it is really upsetting that they make people sit and wait for years to die. I don't want to feed those fuckers. I also think that hanging people should be brought back along with firing squad. I think that if you commit a brutal murder you shouldn't have a "peaceful" death. You should suffer for the people who lost a loved one. All in all the whole prison system is fucked up. I think violent offenders should be in a outside prison, sleep in a tent, and grow their own food. Make it the most shitty living conditions...now that is rehablitation.
        Wanna see my care face???

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
          I'm all for expanding it to include more crimes.
          this...

Tesla Service Technician.

Comment

Originally posted by Blakeski View Post
            I'm all for the death penalty, however it is really upsetting that they make people sit and wait for years to die. I don't want to feed those fuckers. I also think that hanging people should be brought back along with firing squad. I think that if you commit a brutal murder you shouldn't have a "peaceful" death. You should suffer for the people who lost a loved one. All in all the whole prison system is fucked up. I think violent offenders should be in a outside prison, sleep in a tent, and grow their own food. Make it the most shitty living conditions...now that is rehablitation.
            Get out of my head!!
            Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
            Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
            Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
            You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Get them in and get them out. Eye for an eye(within minor reason) Quoting Ron White, some states are fighting the death penalty, ours put in an express line! Who cares how it happens as long as it is fast and cheap.

Comment

It's great for ethnic cleansing.

In reality, the time it takes is the biggest crime. Give them one appeal, then drop the plunger.

Comment

What pisses me off the most, are the guys that we're feeding and caring for (at the tune of $35k a year!) for 15-20 YEARS while they wait for the inevitable needle.

Comment

I'm all for it.

But no one here would have ever guessed it.....

Comment

I'm for it but the appeal process needs to be more effective and efficient.
                      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

I'm all for it, and when the sentencing is complete there should not be a 20+ year waiting line.
                        But the thought of an innocent person being railroaded through the justice system and killed because of some overzealous DA or incompetent public defender disgusts me.

DNA evidence, irrefutable forensics, non-coerced confessions, etc should be the norm in these cases.

Link: 10 Notorious Criminals Proven Innocent After Execution

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                          I'm all for it, and when the sentencing is complete there should not be a 20+ year waiting line.
                          But the thought of an innocent person being railroaded through the justice system and killed because of some overzealous DA or incompetent public defender disgusts me.

DNA evidence, irrefutable forensics, non-coerced confessions, etc should be the norm in these cases.

Link: 10 Notorious Criminals Proven Innocent After Execution
                          That is a big reason I'm going the direction I am. If they deserve, burn them. If they don't, drop the body count bullshit. In my former life I employed nearly 150 different employees, the majority had records. A good portion of those were victim of a DA that had a hard on for a padded spreadsheet.

Comment

I dont think we kill enough. Should be killing them off like a damn meat factory

Comment

Read last statements and last meals and your obsession will grow

Comment

Working...
                              X