So I got subpoenaed yesterday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I got subpoenaed yesterday...

I witnessed an accident about 2 years ago, and got a subpoenaed yesterday to be a witness to appear in court. The state of Texas pays you $10 for being subpoenaed Why? We can't pay our teachers, but will pay you $10 for doing what you should do anyways?

Leah, what's your address? I'll mail this check to you lol!

Originally posted by Nick Chapman View Post
    I witnessed an accident about 2 years ago, and got a subpoenaed yesterday to be a witness to appear in court. The state of Texas pays you $10 for being subpoenaed Why? We can't pay our teachers, but will pay you $10 for doing what you should do anyways?

Leah, what's your address? I'll mail this check to you lol!
    The witness fee is fucking dumb, but it's not usually paid out by the state. Usually whoever files the lawsuit pays the fee in with the other administrative documents in the court costs.

Comment

You saw what happened in the treehouse?
      www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
        The witness fee is fucking dumb, but it's not usually paid out by the state. Usually whoever files the lawsuit pays the fee in with the other administrative documents in the court costs.
        Oh, I didn't know that. The guy that delivered it said it was paid by the state. We got into a discussion about how stupid it was.

Comment

I've done that before. It was pretty fucking entertaining running circles around the prosecutor.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
            I've done that before. It was pretty fucking entertaining running circles around the prosecutor.
            Yeah most of those morons make me think I should have been an attorney. "Justice" system...lol.

Comment

that's why I never stop. I don't have time for that shit.

Comment

I couldn't testify today about some shit that happened to some random people 2 years ago. I've slept since then.

They're better off with whatever statement I gave back when it happened. It'd be damn sure more accurate than what I would be able to recall now.

Comment

been there done that, next time ill keep driving

Comment

Quit stalling!
                    2009 Chevy Tahoe LTZ

2011 GMC Terrain SLT2

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2

Comment

Anyone else think this would be about a woodpecker?

Stevo
                      Originally posted by SSMAN
                      ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                        Anyone else think this would be about a woodpecker?

Stevo
                        Lol I did when I clicked on it. Shot the bird then the Feds came knocking.

Comment

they better pay me for a whole days work that i'm missing to attend court on their behalf!!!!

Comment

Obviously this is civil court. You also get a fee for being a juror in criminal court, but I think it is $6. This is paid out of the county's budget.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                              they better pay me for a whole days work that i'm missing to attend court on their behalf!!!!
                              You not have PTO for jury duty?

Comment

Working...
                              X