FTW Police Scam.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTW Police Scam.

Police Overtime Scam To Cost Fort Worth $231,000POSTED: 2:13 pm CST March 9, 2011
    EmailPrintAAAText SizeFORT WORTH, Texas (AP) -- An alleged scheme by nine police officers to be paid for un-worked overtime will cost Fort Worth $231,000.

KTVT-TV in Dallas-Fort Worth reports the expense is more than city officials initially thought.

The officers are accused of falsifying traffic tickets to collect overtime pay for hours they didn't work. Each of them has either quit or has since been fired. All face tampering charges.

A state-funded highway safety program provided the money for the officers' pay. The state wants its money back.

The city will reimburse the state with money from other programs or emergency funds.

Fort Worth Mayor Mike Moncrief says the situation is "pretty embarrassing" for the city and police department.

He says Fort Worth residents deserve better and city administrators will be more vigilant in the future.

But only DPD has problems!

Comment

lol, no shit! FWPD has drunks and thieves and DPD has gustapo tactics...
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

If divided equally (and you know 1 or 2 probably have a good portion of it) 25.6K cost them their jobs.
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I hope the feds pick up charges and the city goes after those that retired.

If the city can show one dime of that overtime was used to calculate retirement, then the city should go after them and make an example out of them.

Thanks to theives like this, it will effect my retirement that I've worked (honestly) for.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
            Don't forget about planting ground up sheetrock on people they arrest. It goes from disorderly conduct to intent to distribute pretty quick.

Comment

Dont forget Plano PD pulling over mexicans for no reason!

Comment

Maybe FWPD can get DPD to write a hot check to cover it!
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Originally posted by racrguy
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
                  Dont forget Plano PD pulling over mexicans for no reason!
                  No son, they always have a reason. No front plate, window tint, speeding (most times 5-10 over) suspicious driver. The latter was the one that had me rolling, he told me that a bank had been robbed and I fit the description. I was like really?!? Guys rob banks in black mustangs and then cruise through Plano doing the speed limit, lol! They need to change the name of the Raymond Robinson Justice center to
                  the Rick 'B32v' Modena Justice Center...
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

No son, they always have a reason. No front plate, window tint, speeding (most times 5-10 over) suspicious driver. The latter was the one that had me rolling, he told me that a bank had been robbed and I fit the description. I was like really?!? Guys rob banks in black mustangs and then cruise through Plano doing the speed limit, lol! They need to change the name of the Raymond Robinson Justice center to
                    Happened to me in Coppell.

Some guy in a red mustang was waving a gun around at Wendys,
                    four cop cars swarmed me, it was pretty comical.

And they never found the gun

Comment

See for someone like me, this would give me a good laugh and story to tell. For you, you get butt hurt because you think your rights were violated. You truly do show your true colors. Lighten up man... Jeeze.

Comment

Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
                        See for someone like me, this would give me a good laugh and story to tell. For you, you get butt hurt because you think your rights were violated. You truly do show your true colors. Lighten up man... Jeeze.
                        No man, you have it all wrong Im not bitter. You're exactly right, I laugh it off because it has become a fucking joke. The only part that use to piss me off was the money, but now I look at it like tithing at a local church. This is just part of the cost of driving my Cobra.

<----In Plano since 1992

Comment

Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
                          He has always joked about how often he is pulled over.

Comment

Working...
                          X