Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I'm seriously considering selling the '86....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I'm seriously considering selling the '86....

Since I've started doing the striping deal, using the '86 is VERY impractical for hauling all my paint stuff around. It's a real pain in the....BACK !! An '86 Mustang GT just wasn't made to haul 3 tool boxes full of paint, etc.

I've been contemplating selling the GT and using that money to either A.) put the money into my '55 Buick wagon and use it as my paint hauling/advertising buggy, or B.) finding an old Suburban, sedan delivery, or panel truck to use as my stripe buggy. The wagon needs some floor work, and I'll probably clip it front AND rear with some later model frame sections for parts availability, ease of engine/tranny installation, ride comfort, etc. So I could do ALL of that, or buy someone else's project and finish it, or find one that's pretty much already finished and just tailor it to suit my needs/wants.

I've found a few cool old Suburbans and such, so I'm torn. I'm not so attached to the green car that I would cry to see it go though, so that's a good thing. I'm also going to sell the Riviera and use that money towards my stripe buggy/advertising.

Anyone have any suggestions ?

-Aaron

I know what you mean. My 94GT isnt exactly the best keg hauler. I'm probably going suv soon. :-(

Comment

Any car with leaf springs isn't going to be any friendlier on your back than a foxbody.

Comment

ill take some parts off the 86...........

<-------vulture

Comment

You need a 60'ish caddy! Rides like a lazy boy and has enough trunk space for a dozen bodies. Or so Im told anyway....

Comment

pics?

Comment

I got an 80 fairmont wagon I will sell ya cheap and you could build a slide out in the rear to mount all boxes and equipment .
              Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Here's my suggestion:

PM me about the '86. I'm interested.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by dumpycapri85 View Post
                  I got an 80 fairmont wagon I will sell ya cheap and you could build a slide out in the rear to mount all boxes and equipment .
                  How cheap is cheap?

Comment

Dirt cheap
                    Big Rooster Racing
                    1985 Mustang GT

Comment

got pics

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                        Any car with leaf springs isn't going to be any friendlier on your back than a foxbody.
                        The ride is not what is hard on my back. It's trying to fanagle the three boxes in and out of the back seat of the car. They are awkward and cumbersome, so having a Suburban/sedan delivery/panel with doors that open on the back would be a huge help !

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
                        ill take some parts off the 86...........

<-------vulture
                        No ! I'm not parting the damn car out !

Originally posted by Lason View Post
                        You need a 60'ish caddy! Rides like a lazy boy and has enough trunk space for a dozen bodies. Or so Im told anyway....
                        See my above post about the rear doors.

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                        pics?
                        Of my car ?

Originally posted by dumpycapri85 View Post
                        That's really newer than what I would be interested in. Thanks for the suggestion though !

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                        This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. I've looked at that one numerous times too ! It's a little pricey for me, but if I sold the Rivi and the Mustang I might could make something like that happen.

I'll send you a PM in a bit. We're about to go to dinner.

Originally posted by 78X View Post
                        got pics
                        Are you asking for pics of my car, or the Mont wagon that was posted above ?

I thought about something else too. I could write off the vehicle as part of the business.

-Aaron

Comment

Here's some pictures of the '86. As it sits currently, it has the black Draglites on it. I still have the ROH's too.

-Aaron

Comment

My Dad has an 82 or 83 3/4 ton suburban is thinking about selling, has a 454. Gas mileage is great. No 3rd seat, so lots of room to haul stuff.
                            Last edited by GrayStangGT; 03-12-2011, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH View Post

Anyone have any suggestions ?

-Aaron
                              I was looking at this, but not gonna drop the hammer, so here you go.

Slow moving projects
                              1964 C10 350/700r4
                              1992 LX 5.0

Comment

Working...
                              X