Amazing take-offs and landings right now at DFW Airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing take-offs and landings right now at DFW Airport

with this wind. just drove by and saw an MD-80 take off sideways (tilted) due to the wind. 747 just landed crabbing back and forth.

I would hate to be on those planes..

Comment

yea no shit, that one taking off sideways was cool as shit to watch, but must have been terrifying.

it was at a greater angle than this one-

Comment

I don't know what the fuck it was maybe a C-17 or something? It was a HUGE fucking plane make a couple passes over Alliance Airport.

Comment

Originally posted by aCid View Post
          I don't know what the fuck it was maybe a C-17 or something? It was a HUGE fucking plane make a couple passes over Alliance Airport.
          Possibly, the Air Power Expo is this weekend at the joint reserve base. I'm wanting to say they'll have a Globemaster there.
          Originally posted by Jester
          Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
          He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
          Originally posted by Denny
          What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
          FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
            Possibly, the Air Power Expo is this weekend at the joint reserve base. I'm wanting to say they'll have a Globemaster there.
            Want want to say it was bigger then that, but I could be wrong. It was right around 1pm so the sun didn't help.

Comment

here is the globemaster- bigger than this?

Comment

I'll be landing at Love in a bit. Flying out of Louisville in an hour and it's windy as hell here also. Yaaaaay.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                  I'll be landing at Love in a bit. Flying out of Louisville in an hour and it's windy as hell here also. Yaaaaay.
                  Oh, damn. Good luck, Matt!
                  Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                  Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                  Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                  You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

I loooooovvvvvveeee C-17's!

Comment

Originally posted by 78X View Post
                      here is the globemaster- bigger than this?
                      Yeah I looked it up already, and I wanna say it was. But the back end did look the same.

Comment

Originally posted by aCid View Post
                        Yeah I looked it up already, and I wanna say it was. But the back end did look the same.
                        C-5 Galaxy?

Comment

Originally posted by Leah View Post
                          Oh, damn. Good luck, Matt!
                          Double Wild Turkey and water Free drinks make turbulence fun (and lets the control freak in me ease up a bit lol)

I fly enough that it doesn't bother me much. The one time I landed in Houston as a tropical storm was rolling in was fucking stupid though. Sideways jolts, not up and down. I watched peoples' heads hit the windows and stuff.

Comment

I will see if I can find a youtube video of landings in I think Venezuala. Apparently when they designed the airport they forgot to account for crosswinds, its pretty damn impressive what these pilots can do with those big ole planes.

Comment

C5? Those are very popular at airshows.

C17s are always going in and out from the JRB, could easily have been one.

Sidebar - when I worked at Vought, I heard a great story about when a C17 was undergoing military flight testing. They had to repair the horizontal stabilizers because the test pilot managed to bend them upwards significantly while in flight. No word on how, just that it had been done.
                              Men have become the tools of their tools.
                              -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                              X