May need a lawyer... DVORCE NEVER ENDS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
    Wow. I bet the old one was a good woman at one time too! What happens when this one goes south? At least get your shit clipped so you cant have more kids!
    The new one is already clipped... All Good...

Originally posted by talisman View Post
    Don't blame you at all. The bureaucrats almost seem like they do this shit intentionally.
    Yea, Between this whole 2 year ordeal (which was technically over months ago), I don't know which was worse, the ex's incompetent lawyers or the bureaucratic system.... I handled it pro-se cause I had very little money, so I was exposed to a lot of the idiotic bullshit that her legal team tried....

Comment

Originally posted by 88Kaufmann View Post
      You can't get a marriage license while owing back child support...

Considering we have about $3,000 tied up in the wedding and honeymoon that is supposed to happen in 5 weeks..

This fucking sucks.
      sigpic

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.

Comment

You can't get a marriage license while owing back child support...

Since when?

If so, go to Vegas.

Stevo
        Originally posted by SSMAN
        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
          The responsible thing to do is pay, but letting the gov force you to is just pushing women to get knocked up so they can get a monthly check.
          I think it is okay, but the only way is by having a paternity test. Then and only then should the state be able to step in and force child support.

Stevo
          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

time to go back to court! you got screwed the first go around with auto payments

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
              I think it is okay, but the only way is by having a paternity test. Then and only then should the state be able to step in and force child support.

Stevo
              Every parent has the right to a paternity test before a dime is taken from them. Of course, you have to pay for it though.

However, a judge can trump a paternity test. If you have "raised a child as your own", even if it's not your biological kid, a judge can force you to pay support in the event of a divorce.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                One more reason to hate Texas...

Second, I think it's bullshit that the government makes you pay child support.
                First...hate on the bureacrats that the VOTERS put into office. Don't hate the State of Texas. I am sure this is what you meant. If not...I20 runs both ways...I am sure you can find your way out.

Second...I am glad that fathers are forced to pay child support through payroll deduction. If not..there would be that many more people in the welfare system. It is HIS responsibility..not the tax payers. Do you even realize the amount of fathers that wouldn't pay child support if left up to the honor system? It is so bad now, that the state has to chase countless deadbeat dads who don't pay. Ask any father who is currently married and has kids and he will prob say "hell yeah I would pay child support..it's my kid" but when left to their own devices a lot would come up with excuses as to why not.
                Originally posted by grove rat
                shiiiiiit.. i love em thick

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                  Every parent has the right to a paternity test before a dime is taken from them. Of course, you have to pay for it though.

However, a judge can trump a paternity test. If you have "raised a child as your own", even if it's not your biological kid, a judge can force you to pay support in the event of a divorce.
                  Just as you say, you can request a paternity test, but if the woman claims you raised the child as your own for any length, you are fucked.

I really think it doesn't matter if you 'raised the child', if you didn't father it, let the bitch go find the daddy to claim child support. As mentioned before, to many hoes getting knocked up just to get a check, many have no idea who the father is, they just claim and get paid.

Stevo

Comment

If man ever finds a machine or a pill to replace the power of the vagina ..

We will indeed outlaw women and hunt them for the pelts ..

Comment

Originally posted by V8tt View Post
                      First...hate on the bureacrats that the VOTERS put into office. Don't hate the State of Texas. I am sure this is what you meant. If not...I20 runs both ways...I am sure you can find your way out.

Second...I am glad that fathers are forced to pay child support through payroll deduction. If not..there would be that many more people in the welfare system. It is HIS responsibility..not the tax payers. Do you even realize the amount of fathers that wouldn't pay child support if left up to the honor system? It is so bad now, that the state has to chase countless deadbeat dads who don't pay. Ask any father who is currently married and has kids and he will prob say "hell yeah I would pay child support..it's my kid" but when left to their own devices a lot would come up with excuses as to why not.
                      All of this is true. However, it would help the situation if men weren't raped in court every day for outrageous amounts of money in the name of child support. There are men out there who pay $800 a month for what is supposed to be half of what it costs to support a child. That is absurd by any measure and the children suffer for it because some men just say fuck it and move to another state or disappear.
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                        Just as you say, you can request a paternity test, but if the woman claims you raised the child as your own for any length, you are fucked.

I really think it doesn't matter if you 'raised the child', if you didn't father it, let the bitch go find the daddy to claim child support. As mentioned before, to many hoes getting knocked up just to get a check, many have no idea who the father is, they just claim and get paid.

Stevo
                        I agree. I think it's horse shit that they overrule common sense like that. Reason #1849472829;8488392017373 to not date a chick with kids.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                          All of this is true. However, it would help the situation if men weren't raped in court every day for outrageous amounts of money in the name of child support. There are men out there who pay $800 a month for what is supposed to be half of what it costs to support a child. That is absurd by any measure and the children suffer for it because some men just say fuck it and move to another state or disappear.
                          I don't disagree that the system isn't perfect. But the example you used is not the best example of that. What you are referring to is that child support is based on the father's salary. Hence a man making 30k will not pay the same as a man making 100k, and vice versa. I don't think that is unfair. If a child has a certain standard of living (determined by the father's salary...then why should the child's standard of living suffer because of a divorce? I know, I know...there are bitches out there that use the extra to do what THEY want and not provide for the child per the support given. At that point the issue lies with a shithead mom and not the judicial system. Surely there is a way to deter this and I have my own thoughts on what they should be, but too tired right now to lay them out.

I would say that the powers that be should revamp it/overhaul it..but they fucked it up in the first place. The problem lies with the individual powers of the judge. This country is a rule of law type (in addition to others) but some judges have chips on their shoulders and all too often try to "make examples" out of people; but that's a whole 'nother conversation.
                          Originally posted by grove rat
                          shiiiiiit.. i love em thick

Comment

The old one has been final for a while....

That bullshit stretched out for 2 years and I've moved on.

Smurfette has been here to help me through the extreme bullshit of my Ex and her lawyers and she is a good woman.... if that makes me an idiot so be it... anyway....

Any help or constructive thoughts on the issue at hand would be appreciated....
                            Why are they counting you as being in arrears? Were the garnished payments not quite adding up to the payment schedule (as in, child support is taken out of your check on the 1st and the 15th, where the support order has it taken out bi-weekly?)

Second, have you accessed your online account on child support interactive with your case ID and PIN and looked at the calculation of the discrepancy?

Fuck, my ex is almost 6 months (legitimately) in arrears on our son, in an enforced case, and they haven't gone after him for shit. I don't think they start screwing with you unless your ex is instigating it.

Comment

Originally posted by V8tt View Post
                              I don't disagree that the system isn't perfect. But the example you used is not the best example of that. What you are referring to is that child support is based on the father's salary. Hence a man making 30k will not pay the same as a man making 100k, and vice versa. I don't think that is unfair. If a child has a certain standard of living (determined by the father's salary...then why should the child's standard of living suffer because of a divorce? I know, I know...there are bitches out there that use the extra to do what THEY want and not provide for the child per the support given. At that point the issue lies with a shithead mom and not the judicial system. Surely there is a way to deter this and I have my own thoughts on what they should be, but too tired right now to lay them out.

I would say that the powers that be should revamp it/overhaul it..but they fucked it up in the first place. The problem lies with the individual powers of the judge. This country is a rule of law type (in addition to others) but some judges have chips on their shoulders and all too often try to "make examples" out of people; but that's a whole 'nother conversation.
                              Children don't have standards of living beyond a few small things and low cost items. They don't own homes, don't own cars, don't have expenses beyond their basic needs. The only things I can think of that may be a big ticket item for children would be playing in select league sports or attending a private school. Medical care could be another issue in limited cases. Even in those extreme cases, in theory the father is only supposed to be paying for half of the costs.

I know someone who pays $1500 a month for two children. One 12 year old and another 5 year old. This person is not wealthy, makes six figures in a blue collar job thanks to overtime. What this means is that, in theory, raising those two kids costs $3000 a month in total. Absurd.
                              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Can you not have payroll check to see if the checks have been cashed/processed(not just mailed)?

Comment

Working...
                                X