No announcement yet.

sleepers 1981 zephyr lsx/th400/turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I live in nw kansas now. I'll throw a seat cover on it until I have cage put in then I'll figure out what I want to do.

Comment

• Got some gauges in, scored the boost guage for 20 bucks, the other is just there for looks. It's a old mechanical I use for testing fuel pressure now. Trans temp will be here Monday.

Got.my battery terminal ends in and finished that up finally. Ordered a vacuum block since I didn't have shit. Waterpump so I can get hoses, a in-line temp switch for my remote trans.cooler.

Made the guage holder out of 3/16 abs plastic.

Comment

• Looking damn good.
        Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

• This weekends progress. Trans temp gauge installed and wired. Just need to drill pan for temp sensor. Boost gauge wired and hose ran.

I picked up this vacuum block off amazon for 14.00 added a 8 an o ring end on it and slapped it in. Pressure tested it to 50psi. Held for a half hour no issues.

Installed a online power for the trans cooler fan, not sure how I'll like this but better than it running all the time.

Comment

• Also got a ls2 style waterpump for 07 and up trucks. Clears ls1 intake nice.

Comment

• I'm going to try running braided and clamping it for the booster and back of intake, just waiting on a tee. Hopefully it'll work. Just for looks sake.

Comment

• Where is the transcooler mounted? Which one did you go with?

I'm about to order another Derale product. 15870 67,000 btu cooler with 10"fan. I might go back to a single 4" muffler and ditch all my aluminum 3" stuff. Then put the cooler in the driver's side muffler location.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• The one I have is 13700, at the time I think it was the biggest they had for remote. Those new ones look tits.

Mine is mounted on the bottom of the spare tire well. We will see how it does.

Comment

• Learned that the proclassic hose will only do 15 pounds of vacuum and will collapse, so went with regular old booster d.o.t. hose.

Got my radiator hoses figured out finally only have 3 to return. Set pinion angle and figured out with the weight of the turbo kit etc on the front my 12 175 are not going to cut it. It's been so long I actually thought they where 14s lol

So sold the aje kit and have strange tube and strange 12 200 hypercoils in the way. Then I'll re set pinion angle one i get.my ride height back up to where I want it.

Also pissed at myself since I have the team z relocated uppers. Marked them etc still got em.all fucked up and had to take em out and re Center the rear end lol.

Comment

• Not much going on. Sold my aje coilover kit since the 175pound springs where not strong enough. I liked the strange coilover kit better than the aje so just ordered it all.

Got the 200 pound hypercoils, and the car actually feels like it has suspension now vs being damn near coilbind bind.

Did a ghetto alinement.

Also set pinion so I could measure for the driveshaft. Kept fucking up and turning the links the wrong way. After ripping them out twice and resetting them I marked them.

Comment

• Ljms stage two, Springs etc. Another part of the puzzle

Comment

• Great progress, man.
                          Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                          Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                          Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                          dont downshift!!
                          Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• Shit is about to get real, stay tuned.

Comment

• great, Im tired of this fake shit.
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                                great, Im tired of this fake shit.
                                LOL. Can't help that I'm poor. I just want to beat shawn.

Comment

Working...
                                X