No announcement yet.

1958 3200 Chevrolet Pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We started the truck for the first time today. Oil pressure was good and no strange sounds or smoke. The exhaust is much more quiet that expected but sounds nice.

The front body panels started going back together along with the core support so that should be on by the weekend. Next we will finish the chassis wiring and plumb the cooling system.

Comment

We installed the cab to fender seals and put the front panels on today. I started mocking up the coolant hoses and intake with some scraps we had. A new turn signal switch came in so my Dad wired that up.

Comment

I painted the exterior portion of the cab steps and undercoated the inside of them today. I need to figure out a way to distress the new paint so it looks more like what is there. The intake tubing and couplers showed up so I started cutting and putting that together. I should have the hole cut for the intake pass through tomorrow. I am still debating if I should just fabricate aluminum radiator hoses or spend the time searching for something with a shape that will work.

Comment

Looking sharp. I like the cleanliness under the hood with the patina outside on the body.
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Thanks. Now that we painted and cleaned up the engine bay on this one my brother in law wants to do the same to his F100.

I just now finished up cutting the inner fender for the intake tube and my dad did the rest of the carpet.

It also looks like we are going to have to repaint the step areas as the paint does not match well at all.

Last edited by NoClassic; 12-23-2014, 04:26 PM.

Comment

The heater box, heater hoses, firewall insulating pad, and seat went in over the weekend. The outlet plenum was plastic and in bad shape so I will need to fabricate one to match up with the ducts.

I started wiring up the gauge panel this afternoon along with figuring out the seat belt mounting locations. The gauge surround is autometer with VDO gauges in it.

Comment

Nice man.

Comment

Cluster looks slick!
                  Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

My dad wired the headlights and front turn signals along with finishing the seat belt install. The weatherpack stuff showed up so I finished wiring the gauges. The wiper motor is dead so its getting sent off for a rebuild. I had read about using CLR to remove some of the more superficial rust and paint oxidation. I am really surprised with the result so far. Its going to be time consuming to do the whole thing, but looks like it will be worth the effort.

Comment

Awesome. Love to see a classic brought back to life!

Comment

I painted the interior of the hood and installed it along with the bumper. Everything will get shimmed and snugged up once the all the patch work is painted and the doors are on. I also did a quick test with the CLR on the front portion of that driver fender.

Comment

The bends for the radiator showed up so I fitted all the tube for the upper line. Once a 1.75" 120 degree shows up I will finish the bottom and run it all over to Matt for welding.

With a majority of the weight now on it I also checked and set the axle pinion angle. I may wait to weld everything until after the doors and glass just to be safe though.

The glass guy also came by to make a pattern for the rear so that should be happening soon.

Comment

Matt welded up the coolant pipes for me yesterday and the hose clamps showed up earlier today. I also picked up a reservoir and got in mounted.

The glass guy came by and did the rear piece. He had trouble finding a non tinted windshield but we should have it next week.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

We had to pull the front bodywork back off to swap out the springs that were in it. They ended up being too low causing the upper ball joints to bind. This was a surprise considering what I had read about others experience with subframe mounting height. I have a feeling I am not going to be happy with the final ride height, but not much that can be done at this point.

On a positive note the glass guy came by and did the windshield for a very reasonable price.

Last edited by NoClassic; 01-19-2015, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X