1958 3200 Chevrolet Pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
    I have bought the truck motors for $300 complete with accessories and harness. You should not have a problem finding one for around $500.
    good heavens. I'm assuming a 5.3? Are you running a 4L60E?
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Yes 5.3

You can sometimes find the 4.8 for less.

The 58 has a 4l60e.

Comment

That's awesome, can't wait to hear how it runs.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Are there options for additional power with head swaps? I've been out of it for a while, haha. Just curious what kind of power you can get on a budget.

Comment

I honestly don't know a great deal about what combinations work best on the truck motors.

I had always planned to just do a cam and mid sized turbocharger on my old car before I spent any money on heads.

Comment

The bulb sockets were bad in the rear. All of the lights are working now.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                Are there options for additional power with head swaps? I've been out of it for a while, haha. Just curious what kind of power you can get on a budget.
                Cam and turbo or nitrous IMO...I have some LSA heads laying around and Brian Tooley suggested leaving my stock 317's (I have a LQ4 6.0) vs the LSA heads..

Building a truck myself so following this one closely. My plan it to get her running and driving first, then probably swap cams and do this (found it on LS1tech)

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis
                I don't always like lowered trucks, but when I do, it's because they really kick ass..

Comment

It's going to be for a cruiser, turbo is just way too much time and money, not to mention more shit to go wrong. But, if it were my own ride I'd do that for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by POSYJ View Post
                    Cam and turbo or nitrous IMO...I have some LSA heads laying around and Brian Tooley suggested leaving my stock 317's (I have a LQ4 6.0) vs the LSA heads..

Building a truck myself so following this one closely. My plan it to get her running and driving first, then probably swap cams and do this (found it on LS1tech)

http://www.vsracing.net/catalog/prod...2dc9c26a7cbb6a
                    what year truck?

Comment

We have been working on getting the doors and front metal aligned the past couple days. Its really no surprise, but nothing fits that well. I just found out these cabs with their super thin A-pillar have a bad habit of becoming deformed in that area. It looks like both sides are a bit off with the drivers being pushed back a little more. I am going to slot the door side of the hinges, but may have to use some hydraulic pressure to push the pillar forward if that does not work.

The wiper motor is finally on its way back from being rebuilt. Once that is in I can install the gauge panel finishing off the interior.

I wanted to test the CLR on a larger area so did the complete hood. I put some wax on it to see how badly it will fog when left out.

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                      what year truck?
                      I think his is a 59

Comment

sweet, i'm driving up to stillwater, OK saturday morning to pick up a rust free cab to replace my super rusty 63 cab. no more kneeknocker but i think i'm saving myself 6 months of work. i'll start a thread of my own once i get it home.

Comment

The doors are now hung and adjusted. We still need to get the latches working, but that may mean a new set of strike plates with the condition the existing set is in. The wiper motor showed up and is now installed and working. I used more CLR on the rest of the bed and we are just about done getting the wood back in it.

Comment

We replaced one of the door latches so they both function now. The door panels went on and today I did the final gauge install. My dad finished up filling and sanding all of the repairs to the body. If its warm enough tomorrow I will start painting everything.

I think we should be able to start driving it within the next couple weeks.

Comment

That looks fucking great. Good work.

Comment

Thanks

We just let it idle up to operating temp to top off the trans and check for leaks.

No leaks, oil pressure is good, and no strange sounds

Comment

Working...
                                X