Clear All

• jtotin
    replied

Things are happening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• jtotin
    replied

Got these in today, the cutouts for the rocker panels for the side exit exhaust.

Leave a comment:

• jtotin
    replied
    Originally posted by jw33 View Post
    28oz FMS flywheel with ARP bolts. Comes with dowels installed. $50

May have to pick that up from you, I’m a long long way away from getting the motor built. I don’t have a Rotating assembly for it at all. But it would be nice to get a fly wheel

Leave a comment:

• jw33
    replied
    Originally posted by jtotin View Post
    How much?
    I don’t have a crank to mount it to right now lol. Interested though lol

28oz FMS flywheel with ARP bolts. Comes with dowels installed. $50

Leave a comment:

• jtotin
    replied
    Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
    Ah, that makes sense. I don't see a problem with that except it might be worth uninstalling to fully weld it in.

Yeah. I’ll get it up there. Screw it in , pull the trans and engine again and then weld. The engine is bare block anyways. No sense in keeping it in the car.

Leave a comment:

• BLAKE
    replied
    Ah, that makes sense. I don't see a problem with that except it might be worth uninstalling to fully weld it in.

Leave a comment:

• Baron Von Crowder
    replied
    You could, but welding it in might be interesting with the trans in the way.

Leave a comment:

• jtotin
    replied
    Originally posted by cool cat View Post
    I think he is saying there is nothing for the transmission cross member to bolt to. Since he has new floors, he hasn't welded them in yet, and doesn't want to guess on how far back they go.

Exactly. I don’t have anything for anything to bolt to because the crossmember isn’t installed.

I don’t have this flow support installed yet, and I don’t want to guess where it goes, so if I drop in the engine and trans together, I can put the crossmember in, put in the trans mount bracket and locate it perfectly

Leave a comment:

• cool cat
    replied
    I think he is saying there is nothing for the transmission cross member to bolt to. Since he has new floors, he hasn't welded them in yet, and doesn't want to guess on how far back they go.

Leave a comment:

• BLAKE
    replied
    I'm not entirely sure I understand the question, because what you are describing sounds like the standard install procedure to me.

Leave a comment:

• jtotin
    replied
    Question: so when I go in with the trans and engine (I will mock up when I get the bellhousing ), since I haven’t put in the trans tunnel crossmember in yet, can I technically install it after the trans is in and I get the tunnel lined up with the bracket assembly? I know it’s structural, it will still be welded to the floor and floor supports.

Does that make sense?

Leave a comment:

• jtotin
    replied
    Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
    You're way off schedule. Supposed to be done by last christmas.

I know I know lol I’m tryin

Leave a comment:

• Gasser64
    replied
    You're way off schedule. Supposed to be done by last christmas.

Leave a comment:

• Baron Von Crowder
    replied
    Originally posted by jtotin View Post
    So I should probably just get the 94-95 bell and not try and convert it. I can get the housing for 150.00 on eBay

or a truck flywheel/clutch.

Leave a comment:

• jtotin
    replied
    Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
    The v6 units are the same as the 94-95, but with a 164 tooth bell. Makes it easy to get a replacement if you need.

So I should probably just get the 94-95 bell and not try and convert it. I can get the housing for 150.00 on eBay

Leave a comment:

Working...
X