No announcement yet.

1967 Mustang coupe Build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was she an acapulco blue car before the bass boat bullshit? Well done sir.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fordblue625 View Post
      Was she an acapulco blue car before the bass boat bullshit? Well done sir.

Hahaha man I don’t even know. The interior floor type stuff looks white. But man the bass boat shit is gonna be goneeeeeee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Where’s eveRyone getting sheet metal parts these days?

Comment

• Dynacorn seems to be the best aftermarket option, but if it's a #'s car and worth it nothing fits like NOS.

Comment

• Originally posted by jtotin View Post
            She’s mine. A-code car
            Badass! There should be a warrant out for your arrest because you stole that sumbitch.

Originally posted by Fordblue625 View Post
            Dynacorn seems to be the best aftermarket option, but if it's a #'s car and worth it nothing fits like NOS.
            Yes and no. Dynacorn stuff is often as good or better than other options, but it's inconsistent. Dynacorn is essentially a reseller brand. They sell a lot of Taiwan steel that they had nothing to do with making, so it's pretty inconsistent.

Rick, the owner of NPD (who is super cool, btw) has often posted about this sort of thing on the VMF, and if anyone knows, it's him.

Comment

• So.... what happens from here?

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                Badass! There should be a warrant out for your arrest because you stole that sumbitch.

Yes and no. Dynacorn stuff is often as good or better than other options, but it's inconsistent. Dynacorn is essentially a reseller brand. They sell a lot of Taiwan steel that they had nothing to do with making, so it's pretty inconsistent.

Rick, the owner of NPD (who is super cool, btw) has often posted about this sort of thing on the VMF, and if anyone knows, it's him.
                Yeah, I've see the VMF posts and it seems the main complaint on the 67/68 side are the fenders and a few other misc pieces if I'm not mistaken. Not sure how many actual manufacturers there are these days for alternatives though. Aren't most of the NPD and CJ sources dynacorn branded now?

Comment

• Originally posted by BradM View Post
                  So.... what happens from here?
                  I vote a separate thread is created with fastback details. I'm glad he got all that practice in on the coupe so that we can see the real build now!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fordblue625 View Post
                    I vote a separate thread is created with fastback details. I'm glad he got all that practice in on the coupe so that we can see the real build now!
                    Hah, yeah! (no Smelleanor parts on this one please)

Originally posted by Fordblue625 View Post
                    Yeah, I've see the VMF posts and it seems the main complaint on the 67/68 side are the fenders and a few other misc pieces if I'm not mistaken. Not sure how many actual manufacturers there are these days for alternatives though. Aren't most of the NPD and CJ sources dynacorn branded now?
                    I can think of at least two other major players (Spectra & Golden Legion), but I believe they work in a similar way to Dynacorn, making some parts themselves, outsourcing others)

Comment

Hah, yeah! (no Smelleanor parts on this one please)

I can think of at least two other major players (Spectra & Golden Legion), but I believe they work in a similar way to Dynacorn, making some parts themselves, outsourcing others)

lol no, no Eleanor parts. Not on this one

Was thinking of doing a gt350 type exterior.

Comment

• lol, good.

You could certainly go GT350 clone, but it ain't gonna look right with blue/white interior. Shelby offered any interior color you wanted, as long as it was black.

Comment

• 1967 Mustang coupe Build.

Oh yess. Interior is gonna the first thing changed. Lol. I even wanna do different front seats cause cause lol. I think I’m also gonna swap the Louvers on the quarter panels and do the plexiglass kit there. I like the windowed look a little better.

Comment

• Originally posted by jtotin View Post
                            Oh yess. Interior is gonna the first thing changed. Lol. I even wanna do different front seats cause cause lol. I think I’m also gonna swap the Louvers on the quarter panels and do the plexiglass kit there. I like the windowed look a little better.
                            Your car, and I have no room to talk because I'm the moron with a flame job, but...

Things to know that can effect resale value down the road with those plexi Shelby windows.
                            - Never offered in a stock 65 GT350 configuration, so that could turn off some folks looking for a 65 Shelby clone.
                            - While "anything is possible", it is super-difficult to un-do the Shelby windows. You have to carve out the vent mounting metal to put them in.

That said, you may not care about resale or maybe you'll keep it forever or damn the torpedoes that's what you like and fuck it. All of those are acceptable, just making sure you're informed.

Comment

Your car, and I have no room to talk because I'm the moron with a flame job, but...

Things to know that can effect resale value down the road with those plexi Shelby windows.
                              - Never offered in a stock 65 GT350 configuration, so that could turn off some folks looking for a 65 Shelby clone.
                              - While "anything is possible", it is super-difficult to un-do the Shelby windows. You have to carve out the vent mounting metal to put them in.

That said, you may not care about resale or maybe you'll keep it forever or damn the torpedoes that's what you like and fuck it. All of those are acceptable, just making sure you're informed.
                              I'm the moron that just realized he said acapulco blue instead of silver blue. Getting old and senile I guess...

I love the look of the plexi windows, and am so relieved to hear there will be no Eleanor parts on this one.

Comment

• 1967 Mustang coupe Build.

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post

Input always appreciated from you guys. But yeah you are right on the plexus glass. I think the overall look is great. But hell. I do like the louvers too. May keep then for a while. If I want a different look I’ll go there. If I decide to just say fuck it and never sell it I’ll go Wild. But this one id like to keep remotely factory looking on the outside. No crazy panels. I do like the more race inspired front bumpers/facias for the lower part of the front. We will see. Wife like the idea of the gt350 look with the blue and white scheme.

Comment

Working...
                                X