My '69 Grande coupe build (continued)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension upgrade :

Decided to bite the bullet on this, I desperately needed to go through my original sloppy front suspension, and the steering was well worn. Since I was already going to have the engine and trans out for an upgrade there, it was the right time. I had lots of help this weekend from Paul (Greenbullit) and Christian (thehead).
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• motor and engine bay are painted. Im going to try to get the engine and trans in this weekend.

"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Oooooh thats purdy!

Comment

• "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• It runs.

Comment

• Sounds good man! It's idling well, also. So... it runs, but how does it run?
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                Sounds good man! It's idling well, also. So... it runs, but how does it run?
                I was surprised, when I put the holley HP ecm on, I had a difficult time getting it setup to be able to idle. Driving was ok, but it was not ever "right". When I fired this one up, I downloaded the base tune, changed the parameters for the ford tfi and a couple small things, and it fired right up and ran well. It still needs some tuning, I want to bring the iac position out a bit so it doesnt stumble when the throttle cracks open, and it is lean in the upper RPM's.

I only drove it about 2 miles then turned around, but on the way back, the back end decided it wanted to be in front after 1-2 shift.

Comment

• Seats are in. Very little left to do underhood, just some cleanup.

Comment

• Oh, and the procharger wont fit, hangs about where the fender wants to be.

Comment

• Christian wired up my fans for me while I worked on ecm and trans controller worrying, and put my new guage set in.

Comment

• Christian did a walk around and put it on Youtube, shows the cluster and rev.

Comment

• Sounds tough.

Comment

• Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                            Sounds tough.
                            Sounded even better in person. I'm ready to see this beast going down the road.

Thanks for all the help DJ.

Comment

• That cluster is pretty badass.
                              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by slow84lx View Post
                                Sounded even better in person. I'm ready to see this beast going down the road.

Thanks for all the help DJ.
                                Anytime sir.

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                                That cluster is pretty badass.
                                It's grown on me.

Comment

Working...
                                X