No announcement yet.

My '69 Grande coupe build (continued)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just realized it's Moffat's actual Trans-Am car from that era...VERY cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
      Just realized it's Moffat's actual Trans-Am car from that era...VERY cool!
      You think I'd just post up some stupid shit?
      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
        Not at all! It looks so much better than Parnelli Jones' old car ever did!

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
          Not at all! It looks so much better than Parnelli Jones' old car ever did!
          Maybe better than the yellow '70 did, but the Bud Moore car is sexy.

Comment

Smokey's is at the top of the list for Boss Mustangs.

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I went for a short cruise last night. The carb is in dire need of a rebuild, so it stumbled around quite a but. Slow as hell, but the rear will walk sideways in 3rd.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                Slow as hell, but the rear will walk sideways in 3rd.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                  No, it is slow. Still has the factory two barrel and intake. Other than shorties, the motor is as it came from the factory.

I think the 4:30's are the culprit.
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Little update on this project:

I took it for a cruise sunday, and for the first time, I didnt have to put it up on the lift to find out what that noise was, or where that fluid is leaking from. I need to repack the front bearings and lube up the suspension, but I already knew that.

The a/c actually worked for a short while after charging, but the expansion valve clogged up, and the shrader on the high side is stuck open. Ill be doing a sanden compressor conversion, and flushing it all out so I can drive it on the hot days. The 4brl holley and intake are on the shelf ready to be bolted on. Ive also decided that 4.30's arent going to be sticking around very long. The engine isnt high rpm happy, so It likes cruising at what I calculated to be 53mph. That wont be cool for driving on the highway. I swapped wheels around a couple times, and settled on chrome bullits. I really liked the look of the staggered setup, but wasnt fitting, and I want to actually drive the car. I think I might buy a pair of 9" rears eventually.

I bought a pair of very nice black tweed sport seats from a ~93 coupe, they will be going in and then I will be using some tax return money to take it and have the rear seat recovered to match, as well as the headliner and vinyle roof redone.

If anyone has a recomendation on a quality upholstery shop close to me, that would be great. Im thinking about Herman's, but open to suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
                      [Larry Shinoda]Fuck scoops![/Larry Shinoda]
                      I know thats right!
                      Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                      lmao!

Little update on this project:

If anyone has a recomendation on a quality upholstery shop close to me, that would be great. Im thinking about Herman's, but open to suggestions.
                      Looks fucking pimp, great work so far. Creels in Garland I think its called Mr C's now, family owned since 1973 they still use old school methods. They aren't very friendly, but they know their shit. They have re-done both of my Cobra seats in factory leather.
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                        I know thats right!
                        lmao!

Looks fucking pimp, great work so far. Creels in Garland I think its called Mr C's now, family owned since 1973 they still use old school methods. They aren't very friendly, but they know their shit. They have re-done both of my Cobra seats in factory leather.
                        Im trying to avoid having to take it across town if I can. Hell by the time I get it loaded up, etc and get it to garland, I could take it to temple, its closer.

Comment

Im trying to avoid having to take it across town if I can. Hell by the time I get it loaded up, etc and get it to garland, I could take it to temple, its closer.
                          Just take the seats...
                          Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                          Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                          Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                          dont downshift!!
                          Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                            Just take the seats...
                            headliner and vinyl roof? Take those too?

Comment

Update: It does exist. Rather than just being a garage queen, I took it to the Mixed up burgers Party on the tarmac @ GP airport. My buddy grew up with the owners, so he and I rolled up there, along with another friend in his T bucket. The Jeep is a 53, has a FI gm v6 under the hood. We had a good time, and my love for this car has grown.

Ive been kicking around the idea for a more practical family cruiser, but I don't care anymore. The A/C stuff is mostly ready to install, and the 4:30's are getting swapped with 3:73's this weekend, along with the carb/intake swap.

Comment

carb/intake/gears are swapped, much better combo and a lot more driveable. It sounds good, pulls awesome, and will wag the tail pretty easy. More updates are coming.

found this, had to giggle a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X