No announcement yet.

86 GT LSX Turbo Main Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluecouperedvert- Cobramans sugardaddy. Keep your pimp hand strong playa, keep this little nigga n check!

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
      Bluecouperedvert- Cobramans sugardaddy. Keep your pimp hand strong playa, keep this little nigga n check!
      Lol!!
      Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
      90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

what are you doing with the H3 oil pan? i'd take it off your hands if the price is right.

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
          what are you doing with the H3 oil pan? i'd take it off your hands if the price is right.
          It is already sold
          2012 GT500

Comment

Are you doing drive by wire? Or cable? Prob cost about the same these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
              Are you doing drive by wire? Or cable? Prob cost about the same these days.
              Have to do drive by wire with truck intake- had to flip Tb over
              2012 GT500

Comment

not if you get another truck intake And i just happen to have one im not going to use off a 01

Comment

not if you get another truck intake And i just happen to have one im not going to use off a 01
                  What?

Problem is throttlebody clearance with the hood. Cable wont work upside down and on the wrong side
                  2012 GT500

Comment

Thats weird man, Ive seen a few swaps using the truck intake fit, I know for damn sure they fit under a fairmont hood.

Just a fyi, if you also have the aje ls1 motor mounts, you can use them on both sides. They told me it sets the engine back a inch.

So this thing is running by tonight right?

Comment

Thats weird man, Ive seen a few swaps using the truck intake fit, I know for damn sure they fit under a fairmont hood.

Just a fyi, if you also have the aje ls1 motor mounts, you can use them on both sides. They told me it sets the engine back a inch.

So this thing is running by tonight right?
                      Show me these other swaps. I'd be interested to see. Maybe with custom mounts. I've never seen a stock hood foxbody or sn95 use truck intake- the one I did see had intake coming out of hood
                      2012 GT500

Comment

While waiting on some parts, I decided not to waste a weekend.

Pulled motor back out and stripped all the front accessories off.

Prepping for paint was a bitch

Sanded and primed

First coat

After paint and clear

It isn't a professional job, but it looks pretty damn good imo. Still working on front accesories.

2012 GT500

Comment

Nice man. Should have did hot pink.

Comment

2012 GT500

Comment

Quick update: Picked up a fuse block from the same truck so I can just plug it in. Also found out that gen4 motors need a trassmision control module as well, so I ordered that. Ordered an alternator relocation bracket as well- that should finish up all the front accessories as soon as I get a belt. Ordered the fuel pressure regulator and some fittings. Last step is to send ecm out to get vats removed and we should be ready to fire it up.

Put the wheels on

Last edited by Cobraman; 04-26-2015, 07:41 PM.
                              2012 GT500

Comment

This shindig is moving to bluecouperedverts house this weekend
                                2012 GT500

Comment

Working...
                                X