No announcement yet.

Eff my apartment complex/Miata motor Festiva build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out with the old... Another festiva nut came over and we pulled the carby motor

I smoke cigars and... Well... Tonight we lost a good man due to drowning.

Since it's out and getting re-wired, I'm going to clean it up and give a fresh coat of A7 paint

We had a bit of down time, so we test-fitted the new strut mounts and springs. It's effin' CHOICE. Ball bearing mount and full adjustability... Gonna be fun!

Originally posted by PGreenCobra
    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
    dont downshift!!
    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• Your enthusiasm is cracking me up. I'd be pissed if I had to work on a Festiva! lol

I saw a Pinto bracket car a few years back where someone had painted on the back, "Don't laugh - you just lost to a Pinto." You should totally do that to this car.
      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
        Your enthusiasm is cracking me up. I'd be pissed if I had to work on a Festiva! lol

I saw a Pinto bracket car a few years back where someone had painted on the back, "Don't laugh - you just lost to a Pinto." You should totally do that to this car.
        I've already found a company to mix the OEM paint code for me to dress up the engine bay into a 16oz aerosol can and ordered 2 cans of it to try on the hood underside, engine bay and hatch. This one will be very nice.
        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
        dont downshift!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
          I've already found a company to mix the OEM paint code for me to dress up the engine bay into a 16oz aerosol can and ordered 2 cans of it to try on the hood underside, engine bay and hatch. This one will be very nice.
          I love it. Says this one will be very nice. Buys aerosol paint cans to church it up.
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
            I love it. Says this one will be very nice. Buys aerosol paint cans to church it up.
            lol. Right!?

Comment

lol.
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

It's a pre-mixed single stage which is OEM. This shit ain't Krylon, Zeke.
                dont downshift!!

Comment

Our Matlock store can mix it in aerosol for you for future reference.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
                    Our Matlock store can mix it in aerosol for you for future reference.
                    Can they mix it with the proper Paint Code paint, clear coat and hardener?
                    dont downshift!!

Comment

• Don, single stage paint is clear coat and color mixed together. It isnt pre mixed with hardener, it physically cant have activator mixed in; it wouldnt stay liquid long enough to get it home and use. There is (was?) a canned aerosol that had was activated, but there was a plunger on the bottom you pushed to break the seal and thus mix it together. It was a one time use, so you had to use the can one time, and they had issues with the spray tips clogging up if you didnt spray it all out quickly. They arent availble through any of the venders that my paint guys are aware of anymore.

What you are likely buying is a color matched can that just has solvent in it. Once the solvent flashes, it is dry, but there isnt any hardner or activator in it. In fact, if you were to get brake fluid or fuel on it, it would likely wash it right off. Are they advertising it as an epoxy? That would be more believable.

The paint reps were here having a meeting, so I asked.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Can they mix it with the proper Paint Code paint, clear coat and hardener?
                        Call them and ask, not my specialty. Ask for Craig.

Comment

• Oh, happy day! Care package from FRPP arrived Boss 302 34pph injectors:

... And plug-N-play adapter connectors.

I got a big-ass box of 2.5" mandrel bends, silicone couplers and T-bolt clamps. So the intercooler comes out of hiding:

And this is what a BP26 manifold looks like after you hack the flange off.

Welding will commence soon.
                          dont downshift!!

Comment

• Did you cut that flange with a beaver? Shit!
                            Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• how are you going to weld the cast iron?

Comment

• Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                                Did you cut that flange with a beaver? Shit!
                                Actually, the cutting wheel blew up at the very end. It'll get cleaned up prior to welding.

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                                how are you going to weld the cast iron?
                                Don't you worry about that part
                                dont downshift!!

Comment

Working...
                                X