No announcement yet.

What I have been working on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The nylon washer isnt going to work at the pressures the steering system is under.

This is the O-ring fitting you need.

Russell 799-648060

Flaring the line like did on the spare you have will work. You also need to use the lined braided hose and correct compression fittings.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
      The nylon washer isnt going to work at the pressures the steering system is under.

This is the O-ring fitting you need.

Russell 799-648060

Flaring the line like did on the spare you have will work. You also need to use the lined braided hose and correct compression fittings.
      I have that Russell but it doesn't look like it work. I can't feel it sealing when I thread it tight

I will give it another go.

For pressure line I am using Teflon lined steel braided and appropriate earls fittings.

I like the flare and tube nut/sleeve because I can leave the rack in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Maybe measure to make sure the O-ring is being properly compressed. I had an issue with the russell fitting depth, but on the rack side.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
          Maybe measure to make sure the O-ring is being properly compressed. I had an issue with the russell fitting depth, but on the rack side.
          I was able to get the rack lines off while the car was on the ground. Not as bad as I thought it would be. My MM rack fittings came in and appear to be metric to an fittings that have been milled. I am sure I can do the same at the pump.

Last edited by KBScobravert; 01-24-2012, 07:09 PM.

Comment

• Oops looks like I exceeded my bandwidth on photobucket this month. I am in time out till the 9th of Feb. Sorry.

In other news: I am waiting on v-band clamp, and t-bolt clamps, remote mounting the IAC, putting a plate on the bottom of the coolant overflow, fixing the leaking waterpump, make lines for the power steering, mount the p/s cooler, fill fluids and we should be ready to start her up.

Now the bad news: I am working the next 14 days straight (3p-11p). I am still going to try and get it ready to start on the first day off I have. NO sense in getting in a hurry to start it then have to leave for work the same day.

Comment

• I couldn't leave well enough alone.

Back from dinner I decided to tackle some power steering lines.

New adapters for the rack.

New adapters are mocked up IN the rack.........with 45* hose ends to see if they will clear.

This angle doesn't show all that well but that motor mount nut is not going to be fun to get off without pulling the return line first.

Armed with an assortment of metric O-rings, 1/2" washers, a unibit, and a metric adapter fitting.

I came up with this........you can see the "crush" of the o-ring after a test run.

She better seal.

Building the Earl's Speed-Flex teflon -6an was not that bad. Here is the pressure line assembled and test fitted.

Looks much better than the stock set up and hopefully no leaks.

Next is to cut and flare the cooler then find a place to mount it and build those lines too.

Comment

• That looks great man. And glad you could do it without pulling the rack off.
                04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
                There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

• Bad ass build!!!
                  I was going to do the same thing and use bulk head wiring adapters
                  Where did you get yours? What about your wiring supplies?
                  Lastly, where you get the rack and pinion fittings?

Thanks

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post

New connectors for the firewall

End result, sort of

New adapters for the rack.
                  1967 Mustang Fastback - 5.0 32V Stroked Teksid - Supercar GT heads - MARCELLA Billet intake -
                  - Twin Precision 6766 Turbo set up - BigStuff3 - AMS1000 - Built GM 4l80e - Art Morrison Chassis
                  - Sparco Milano Leather Seats- Forged 18" wheels - 29" M/T tires + A/C & heat!

1991 TT Mod Foxbody Coupe- Build thread... http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=422864

Comment

• Originally posted by XR_1 View Post
                    Bad ass build!!!
                    I was going to do the same thing and use bulk head wiring adapters
                    Where did you get yours? What about your wiring supplies?
                    Lastly, where you get the rack and pinion fittings?

Thanks
                    The bulkhead connectors are deutsch from ladd ind. Not that expensive either.

Wiring is from cabletiesandmore.com and eficonnection.

Rack fittings are from Maximum Motorsports and lines/hose ends from earls.

Comment

• Thanks for the info... do you still have the punch for the firewall bulkheads?
                      Or have a number where I can borrow one
                      1967 Mustang Fastback - 5.0 32V Stroked Teksid - Supercar GT heads - MARCELLA Billet intake -
                      - Twin Precision 6766 Turbo set up - BigStuff3 - AMS1000 - Built GM 4l80e - Art Morrison Chassis
                      - Sparco Milano Leather Seats- Forged 18" wheels - 29" M/T tires + A/C & heat!

1991 TT Mod Foxbody Coupe- Build thread... http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=422864

Comment

• Originally posted by XR_1 View Post
                        Thanks for the info... do you still have the punch for the firewall bulkheads?
                        Or have a number where I can borrow one

©2012 LADD Industries
                        4849 Hempstead Station Drive
                        Kettering, Ohio 45429
                        tel: 800-223-1236

The punch I used was a loaner from Ladd Ind. They cost $540 if you had to buy one. Ladd will loan you the tool for 30 days at only the cost of shipping. I dealt with Carolyn (IIRC). Plan on having to wait a month or two unless you get lucky and the tool is in stock; they only have one loaner.

I have 2 extra complete sets. Once the car is running and I am satisfied, I can part with them.
                        Last edited by KBScobravert; 01-25-2012, 11:58 PM.

Comment

• Any updates????
                          04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
                          There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

• Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
                            Any updates????
                            Not much since I switched to second shift. Hopefully I will get it buttoned up next Wednesday or Thursday. I doubt that I will start it until the 16th.

I did get the power steering lines situated and modified the stock cooler to take -6an lines. I just need to mount the cooler and that mess will be done until I fill the system.

Comment

• need more updates

Comment

• Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                                need more updates
                                I am trying but this 3p-11p with no days off for the last two weeks has been leaving me little to no car time. I am off two days this week and then four days next week. My goal is to start it on the 16th.

Comment

Working...
                                X