What I have been working on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
    I did that intentionally, and it kinda went unnoticed, so I left it alone.

Until now.

I thought that might be the case, or in my case looks like iPhone helping you, pimpdaddy!
    sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
    17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
    13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
    86 SVO - Sold
    '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
    01 TJ - new toy - Sold
    65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
      Saturday? Bring ribs. I have plenty of propane and a deck with furniture now.

The game plan is to spend the mornings this week testing and double checking a little at a time each day. I am really going to try and start it on Saturday baring any issues that come up we can't resolve. After the amount of stuff I have been through I can not imagine whatelse could pop up.
      And I spoke too soon. After getting the manifold down and torqued this morning, I filled the crank with 7qrts of fresh oil. When I went to prime the system I noticed the oil pump pushrod did not seem to be catching in the oil pump. I used a magnet to try and pull it up and drop it back in when it fell into the pan.

Time to pull the pan AND pump. I am getting closer to pushing it outside and torching it.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
        I did that intentionally, and it kinda went unnoticed, so I left it alone.

Until now.
        I noticed but thought it was an autocorrect. No way you could be that clevor.

Comment

And I spoke too soon. After getting the manifold down and torqued this morning, I filled the crank with 7qrts of fresh oil. When I went to prime the system I noticed the oil pump pushrod did not seem to be catching in the oil pump. I used a magnet to try and pull it up and drop it back in when it fell into the pan.

Time to pull the pan AND pump. I am getting closer to pushing it outside and torching it.
          you have got to be kidding...are you doing this to yourself?

Comment

We've all been there dude... just have to expect this shit.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
              you have got to be kidding...are you doing this to yourself?
              I wished I was kidding. I am running the process through my head on how to fix it and every direction looks like it is going to suck balls.

I think I can get it back in without pulling the oil pump and pick up that is about the only positive here. I am really not looking forward to breaking the oil pan seal. At least I used the one peice gasket from FRPP. Another plus is the MM K-Member in the car.

I guess tomorrow I will put the body on stands and pull the frt wheels, loosen the motor mounts (remember the pic of the nut so close the the p/s lines that are now full of fluid), drain the oil back into the 5qrt jug it came in, pull the oil pan bolts, remove the turbo oil drain at the pan, jack the motor from the balancer and try and get the pan as far down as I can to get the rod out and restab it.

This only set me back 5-6 hours.

Good thing I am off Saturday and Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                We've all been there dude... just have to expect this shit.
                It is every turn though.

Comment

It is every turn though.
                  If you need help just call me man, I don't mind helping out.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I guess tomorrow I will put the body on stands
                    Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                    If you need help just call me man, I don't mind helping out.
                    Need bigger jack stands!

David

Comment

• Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
                      Need bigger jack stands!

David
                      Not nice and I do need bigger jack stands. The higher the car is for this the easier it will be. Are you coming over Saturday?

Comment

• Originally posted by tribaltalon View Post
                        Holy shit 900 dollars? For cobra r's?
                        That's the goin' rate for quality work man. Not that outrageous.

Comment

Not nice and I do need bigger jack stands. The higher the car is for this the easier it will be. Are you coming over Saturday?
                          Yes, I'm there. Just shoot a text with the time.

David

Comment

• I should be available Saturday if you need an extra set of hands.
                            "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• Guys, my wife will be at work till 6p so I have to wait for her to get home that day before I can start it. One of her rules. I may be the man of the house but even I am smart enough to know that a happy wife means a happy life.

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
                              Yes, I'm there. Just shoot a text with the time.

David
                              I plan on starting around 1000 since I won't get home till midnight on Friday.

Hopefully I can get some stuff done tomorrow morning and Friday morning...

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                              I should be available Saturday if you need an extra set of hands.
                              Come on out if you wanna lend a hand or a boot to my ass to keep me going.

Comment

• That clip on the oil pump shaft is pretty important, heh.

I won't tell you how many cars I've had that happen to, that I ended up driving for years without retrieving the shaft out of the pan. But then again none of those were very nice, lol.
                                When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Working...
                                X