What I have been working on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
    I am sure the injector driver and the right injector in my calibration will make a world of difference.
    this x1million, everything is based on that injector info, when it's right it's like butter, when it's wrong..well, it is like bad butter? you get the point!

Comment

• Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
      this x1million, everything is based on that injector info, when it's right it's like butter, when it's wrong..well, it is like bad butter? you get the point!
      We will really no about it on Saturday morning.

When I bought the injectors I knew I was going to need to address the low impedance but it just slipped my mind until I had it running. I did double check the ohms resistance between my new 120#s and the unused 60's I had installed before changing to E85. 60# = 12.2ohms resistance and the 120# = 2.2ohms. I calculated the .2ohms to my meter and testing method.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
        Someone said yesterday, I could fit a 317 maybe

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
        Totally 317.5 man.

David

Comment

• The beginnings of a much better running start up video

Injector driver came in today. Should have it wired up this weekend and new tune by monday.

We are so close to being road worthy again.

Comment

• man sounds like the issues im having, i finally got everything done on the car, only to try and start it to find the car had no 12volt power from ignition, so after rigging a wire from the battery to the msd i was able to turn the car on for the first time for a few seconds!!!

and after a few days of looking for the freaking gremlin i beleive im about to pull the harness out and make my own

Comment

• Originally posted by junior View Post
              man sounds like the issues im having, i finally got everything done on the car, only to try and start it to find the car had no 12volt power from ignition, so after rigging a wire from the battery to the msd i was able to turn the car on for the first time for a few seconds!!!

and after a few days of looking for the freaking gremlin i beleive im about to pull the harness out and make my own

There can be a lot of work or not much at all. It all depends on your attention to detail. I have spreadsheets and powerpoint-made-wiring diagrams for my ECU harness and all my other wiring I did. The work was massive using xcel and pp; I am sure there is a better suited medium but that is what I have on hand.

Cost wise: it can get expensive real quick. The connectors and wire are not costly individually but the amount you need adds up quick. You can use cheap connectors or expensive (deutsch) and that will make a HUGE difference in your total cost also.

The nice thing about building it yourself is that you know where EVERY wire is, where it goes, what it's function is, etc. When I chase an issue, and I have had a few (swapped wires in connectors, etc) they are easy to resolve with my voltmeter and my diagrams and notes. Had I cobbled the factory harness to do what I needed it would have not been so easy. Plus the Duetsch connectors are very modular with a small scredriver. Others I have are not so easy to work with.

You need to swing by and take a look at the tools I used and the notes I made. They may be of some use to you.

Comment

• I am working with kurgan who sent me a start up tune. Today I got it started after moving the ECU to under the pass. seat and adding in an AEM P&H Injector Driver. It took a LOT of work to figure out why it would not run last night; driver needed a different 12v signal to run (KOEO was not going to keep it going during start up). Fixed that. Loaded Kurgan's tune one last time. Confirmed coil packs were firing. Cranked and worked the EPM until it started. Started a log so Kurgan can review it and make changes.

It was running very rich 10.0:1 for the time it was running then it went super lean (17.0:1) and died. Now it will not restart.
                if this does not work below, right click, view properties, copy link and past in browser.

Last edited by KBScobravert; 03-08-2012, 12:04 AM.

Comment

• So... when do we go for a drive?
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• chop chop chop, that thing sounds insane!

what are the cam specs? i'm sure it is partly due to the tune being off, but my 230/230 .612/.604 doesn't chop nearly that hard.

Comment

• sounds good.

Comment

• I can't view the video. Says fatal error.
                        Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                          Says fatal error.
                          Sorry buddy, nice knowing you.

Comment

• worked for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                              I can't view the video. Says fatal error.
                              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                                So... when do we go for a drive?
                                Soon, soon. Still a few bugs to work out and the tune is off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X