No announcement yet.

What I have been working on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a few of these studs on the right side of the picture used to combine ground etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
    Attached Files
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• So, the dash back yet? I'll be back in town tomorrow and taking Monday and Tuesday off if you need anymore help.
      You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

• Originally posted by DieselSmoke View Post
        So, the dash back yet? I'll be back in town tomorrow and taking Monday and Tuesday off if you need anymore help.
        I may need a hand Tuesday putting it back in.

Helosailor (scott) came by yesterday and helped me do some wiring. Hopefully tomorrow I will get the rest knocked out.

Comment

• I got the dash back in this morning, everything hooked back up. Go to start and the computer is not seeing the cam/crank sync. I figured as much. It is wired in to the ing. ground on the computer. Pulled out my quick jumper ground and BAMM, we have synch. Okay easy fix.

Now with all the trials and testing the timing is way the fuck off. I am a one man show trying to start it, get out give the sensor a little twist and try again. Nothing.....then click, click, click.

Starter is D E A D, dead.

Figures as much.

On a plus side the injector driver is getting good 12v while the key is cranking, so I know the injectors are being operated during start up now.

It tried to fire a little bit but only after I had to get all the air out of the fuel lines.

Off to buy a starter. Just not my lucky day (garage door opener died this morning).

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
            I got the dash back in this morning, everything hooked back up. Go to start and the computer is not seeing the cam/crank sync. I figured as much. It is wired in to the ing. ground on the computer. Pulled out my quick jumper ground and BAMM, we have synch. Okay easy fix.

Now with all the trials and testing the timing is way the fuck off. I am a one man show trying to start it, get out give the sensor a little twist and try again. Nothing.....then click, click, click.

Figures as much.

On a plus side the injector driver is getting good 12v while the key is cranking, so I know the injectors are being operated during start up now.

It tried to fire a little bit but only after I had to get all the air out of the fuel lines.

Off to buy a starter. Just not my lucky day (garage door opener died this morning).
            you sure it's not the battery? i assume you have a tender/charger on it so prob not, but everytime i've had one click it's been the battery.

Comment

• battery tender and voltmeter show good.

Comment

• Have the parts house bench test it just to make sure.

Comment

I got the dash back in this morning, everything hooked back up. Go to start and the computer is not seeing the cam/crank sync. I figured as much. It is wired in to the ing. ground on the computer. Pulled out my quick jumper ground and BAMM, we have synch. Okay easy fix.

Figures as much.

NWS!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• done

well 20 minutes is not bad for jacking it up, getting tools, replacing and back on the ground again.

Comment

• You working on it Saturday Keith?
                      I might be able to stop by for a little bit (got something to show you anyway)

David

Comment

• Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
                        You working on it Saturday Keith?
                        I might be able to stop by for a little bit (got something to show you anyway)

David
                        I have to work Saturday but at 3p. So we should be able to get a few hours on it.

After today it should be ready to start and drive around the block. I had to modify some ground cables which translated into wait on parts.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                            you sure it's not the battery? i assume you have a tender/charger on it so prob not, but everytime i've had one click it's been the battery.

Thanks for the input. The battery was bad also. I took the old starter up along with my Optima Red top and had both tested. Starter trashed (I guess my wire laying into the starter while it was running for 10-15 seconds didn't help). Batter failed load test. Replaced with another Optima Red.

Got back to the house and ran a new 1/0 ground to the front, grounded the EPM to battery like I have wanted to do the whole time, hit starter and bump, bump she tried to fire. Now just need to play with the EPM to get the timing on and it will run again.

Comment

Thanks for the input. The battery was bad also. I took the old starter up along with my Optima Red top and had both tested. Starter trashed (I guess my wire laying into the starter while it was running for 10-15 seconds didn't help). Batter failed load test. Replaced with another Optima Red.

Got back to the house and ran a new 1/0 ground to the front, grounded the EPM to battery like I have wanted to do the whole time, hit starter and bump, bump she tried to fire. Now just need to play with the EPM to get the timing on and it will run again.
                              did you keep the old optima? i've brought a few back to life by hooking them up to another battery and to a charger at the same time. sounds weird but they wont charge unless they have enough voltage to start with.

Comment

• Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                                did you keep the old optima? i've brought a few back to life by hooking them up to another battery and to a charger at the same time. sounds weird but they wont charge unless they have enough voltage to start with.
                                bigshoe mentioned something similar. I let them have it as a core but it would have been nice to have a backup though.

With the new battery and the new starter it turns over much better. It actually wants to start, I just need to set the timing again first.

Comment

Working...
                                X