What I have been working on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost road worthy.

I really need to clean that floor mat on the driver's side.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
      Almost road worthy.

I really need to clean that floor mat on the driver's side.
      can't wait for the first cruise video. so hurry the hell up!

Comment

• Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
        can't wait for the first cruise video. so hurry the hell up!
        Saturday?

Just need someone to help me set the timing and get her started. I am taking tomorrow off to spend time with my wife but will be back in it on Saturday morning around 9am. It is ready to twist off right now.

Any road testing right now will be done sans exhaust, fenders and front bumper. So neighborhood only for right now. I guess I need to stock up the exhaust pieces to build the y-pipe and cat back with.

Comment

Saturday?

Just need someone to help me set the timing and get her started. I am taking tomorrow off to spend time with my wife but will be back in it on Saturday morning around 9am. It is ready to twist off right now.
          i vote you go balls to the wall and do the maiden voyage right, take her straight to denton for grudge wars and run the piss out of her! i'll be there so we can line em up!

Comment

• Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
            i vote you go balls to the wall and do the maiden voyage right, take her straight to denton for grudge wars and run the piss out of her! i'll be there so we can line em up!
            Right.

The tune is nowhere near close to letting me get into any kind of power making boost. Soon, soon.

Comment

• I will make the trip down there if this happens. ^^^^

Comment

• I'll see how early I can get there, but will call first. I think the gig is at 9:30 and should be about an hour so I can come after that.

David

Comment

• Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
                  I'll see how early I can get there, but will call first. I think the gig is at 9:30 and should be about an hour so I can come after that.

David
                  Thanks David. We should be able to work up until 1:30p.

I thought I had to work tomorrow, then my boss called and offered me a shift. Wait, what, I WAS off? lol Sure I will take the time and a half, I thought I was working anyway. BUT I am off Sunday, so I got that going for me.

Comment

• I'm getting to the party pretty late I guess. However, if you'd just like another set of hands I've got tomorrow off and know how to turn a wrench or two. PM me your address as I have no clue where you are but if not too far, and you still would like some mediocre help, let me know.
                    Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                      I'm getting to the party pretty late I guess. However, if you'd just like another set of hands I've got tomorrow off and know how to turn a wrench or two. PM me your address as I have no clue where you are but if not too far, and you still would like some mediocre help, let me know.
                      Darren I am in Haslet off of 287 and Bonds Ranch. You are more than welcome to come check it out and watch the trainwreck unfold. If that is not too far let me know and I will send you the address in a PM.

Comment

Thanks David. We should be able to work up until 1:30p.

I thought I had to work tomorrow, then my boss called and offered me a shift. Wait, what, I WAS off? lol Sure I will take the time and a half, I thought I was working anyway. BUT I am off Sunday, so I got that going for me.
                        What time Keith?

David

Comment

• I planned on getting a start around 9:30-10:00. Anytime around there would be fine.

I am home alone tonight after work. So I can actually get a chance to clean up in there before tomorrow also.

Comment

• Drinkn tonight but will be there tommorrow!
                            Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                            There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• So a few fellow members came by today (Darren M, ChasSVO, Cobrajet69) and helped keep me motivated and turned a few wrenches for me. Thanks guys, much appreciated.

We were able to get the car to start but something just is not right. Trying to set the base timing was damn near impossible. We got it to run but it took a lot of throttle stop screw manipulation and several adjustments to the timing at the cam/crank sensor and the TPS (which is 100 times more sensitive then just the simple volt meter shows).

It actually started to sound much better on this tune. Video to follow.

I got into the ECU and started to pull timing from the program (10.77*) down to 2.00* when it died for the umpteenth time. This time Charles noticed fuel dripping out of the breather's catch can.

Pulled the dipstick and sure has shit, fuel. Drained the oil and there must have been a full gallon in there.

E85 on 120# injectors. AFR in the ECU was reading 6-7.00:1 where as the gauge which reads in gasoline AFR was reading 10-11.00:1. I need to call AEM Monday and ask those questions though.

My only theory that can logically explain why there was so much fuel in there, is me trying to previously start it on a tune not designed for the injector and not using the injector driver.

I have the pan draining and one of the valve covers off to let it evaporate for a day or so. Still need to pull the oil filter and drain the remote lines. I am going to dump 4 quarts in it, prime the system and pump it clean. Then repeat with new fresh (cheap) oil before adding the required 7qrts and closing it up again.

Comment

• Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Working...
                                X