No announcement yet.

What I have been working on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was good meeting y'all. Something I need to do more of. Let me know the next time you work on it and I'll try to make it out.
    Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• Thanks for coming over Darren. Monday I am going to get the oil replaced and get a compression check done. If everything looks good I am going to proceed.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• I finally made contact with a guy who is local to the DFW area that specializes in the AEM software. Right now he is in California teaching an EFI101 tuning course but he should be back to our metroplex this weekend. We have scheduled him to come out to the house on the 4th or 5th to see if he can get the car running to a point we can drive it to his dyno and get a solid tune on it.

It just might driving to Cars and Coffee on the 7th after all.

edit: oh and stay tuned for a "What I have been working on PART II" thread in the Back Porch tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
          I finally made contact with a guy who is local to the DFW area that specializes in the AEM software. Right now he is in California teaching an EFI101 tuning course but he should be back to our metroplex this weekend. We have scheduled him to come out to the house on the 4th or 5th to see if he can get the car running to a point we can drive it to his dyno and get a solid tune on it.

It just might driving to Cars and Coffee on the 7th after all.

edit: oh and stay tuned for a "What I have been working on PART II" thread in the Back Porch tomorrow.
          Nice.... that's good news!
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• If you are talking about Seth, he is a good guy

Comment

• Sweet. Good luck.
              Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                If you are talking about Seth, he is a good guy
                Yep. He sounded VERY confident on the phone that he could get me going. From the research I have been doing on him and EFI101 he seems to be THE go to for AEM.

No as long as it is just a software input issue and not a wiring or mechanical issue I will be thrilled beyond belief. Next week could be the first time she has been on the road in 3 plus years.

Comment

• That's awesome. I'm super curious as to what the heck is going on.
                  Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                  There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                    That's awesome. I'm super curious as to what the heck is going on.
                    I am sure it is all in the fuel and timing tables.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                      That's awesome. I'm super curious as to what the heck is going on.

Same here.

Keith, cars & coffee date?

David

Comment

• Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
                        Same here.

Keith, cars & coffee date?

David
                        I am trying real hard. April 7.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Comment

• THE AEM Guru will be over at my house tomorrow morning to take a look at it. We can only spend 2 1/2 on it before I need to go to work but I think he can get a good idea for what it is and isn't doing. I am still off on Wed. and Thru. though.

Cars and Coffee is looking more and more like a possibility this weekend.

Comment

• Very cool Keith.
                            LMK what he says.

David

Comment

• Very interested as well.

I'll get my pics up in a bit.
                              sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                              17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                              13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                              86 SVO - Sold
                              '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                              01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                              65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

• MAP sensor was sending off the chart readings to the ECU indicating I was in 20+ pounds of boost even at engine off. Turns out I was supplying 12v to the sensor for reference vs the required 5v.

Basically the computer was dumping the fuel in and pulling the timing out at the same time. It would never give me a steady idle to even begin to set the timing.

I jumped a 5v signal to the sensor and and it was able to idle on its own. The timing light is not bouncing all over the place and the target AF bubble is allowing us to make changes.

The EPM is still getting noise in the signal returns for the cam/crank sensor. I moved the ground and it seemed to clean it up and reestablished a consistent signal again.

We were able to let it idle and it has a pretty crisp and steady idle at around 800rpm. No hunting or surging.

Comment

Working...
                                X